Allpar Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
8,046 Posts

·
Registered
4,562 Posts
Just seen another Gladiator on my local commute today. Wow! Beautiful! I wish I could afford to buy something I can’t really use any of the capabilities of.
Funny how that works!
The Dakota would sell, I have no doubt. I get that they have the Gladiator, but Ram should have something mid-sized also. Jeep Gladiator may be too extreme for some. I don’t think it’s bland enough for most people to consider.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Just seen another Gladiator on my local commute today. Wow! Beautiful! I wish I could afford to buy something I can’t really use any of the capabilities of.
Funny how that works!
The Dakota would sell, I have no doubt. I get that they have the Gladiator, but Ram should have something mid-sized also. Jeep Gladiator may be too extreme for some. I don’t think it’s bland enough for most people to consider.
I saw one today too. On the used lot of the local GM dealer. :unsure: Kind of tempted to stop and see what they are asking for it.

Edit: Nevermind, I checked the dealer's website. It is a 2020 Overland with 9,400 miles and they're asking $49,995. :oops:

·
Registered
4,562 Posts
I saw one today too. On the used lot of the local GM dealer. :unsure: Kind of tempted to stop and see what they are asking for it.

Edit: Nevermind, I checked the dealer's website. It is a 2020 Overland with 9,400 miles and they're asking $49,995. :oops:
Lol! Cheaper to buy a Canyon, but who wants that!

·
Jeepaholic
5,849 Posts
I wouldn’t mind a Ram 1500...specifically a Rebel...but our Explorer already feels like trying to park the Titanic in the tiny spots in the garage at work, trying to shoehorn something bigger would be even worse. Gladiator is fairly large too...long anyway.

We’d like to pay off the Explorer by next year, and then get something then to possibly replace my Mustang...Gladiator or something else. A Dakota would be interesting. Unless my wife decides she wants to buy something at that time. We’ll see.

·
Super Moderator
37,708 Posts
Yes, Gladiator is a beautiful vehicle, but really hard to justify the price.
I bought at the right time, which helped with the price issue.
But Gladiator still has compromises. Coming from past Dakotas:
Width of the passenger compartment is less in Gladiator.
I would sacrifice a bit of rear seat room for 6-12" more bed.
Ride and handling, especially IFS and the option to only have 2WD or AWD instead of 4WD.

I really like my Gladiator, but the compromises are going to turn away a lot of potential buyers in the fast growing midsize truck market (and attract some other buyers - but I'm seeing a lot of "probably won't buy another" reactions from Gladiator owners who are fist time Jeep buyers.

·
Registered
4,562 Posts
I bought at the right time, which helped with the price issue.
But Gladiator still has compromises. Coming from past Dakotas:
Width of the passenger compartment is less in Gladiator.
I would sacrifice a bit of rear seat room for 6-12" more bed.
Ride and handling, especially IFS and the option to only have 2WD or AWD instead of 4WD.

I really like my Gladiator, but the compromises are going to turn away a lot of potential buyers in the fast growing midsize truck market (and attract some other buyers - but I'm seeing a lot of "probably won't buy another" reactions from Gladiator owners who are fist time Jeep buyers.
Yes, it’s not for everyone, that’s for sure. Anyone coming from a Wrangler won’t have a problem with it, but somebody buying and never owning a Wrangler before will be in for a surprise. But here’s the thing, anyone buying anything (vehicle) and not figuring out from their test drive and viewing of the vehicle that it don’t suit them, I have no pity for.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Although I like the Gladiator, I do not want one as my everyday driver. I'd much prefer a new Dakota if one is forthcoming. I do not need 4-wheel drive and the ability to handle the Rubicon. But I'd still like a well appointed mid-size truck that can tow and occasionally haul some things in the bed. And I do still like my 2019 Ram but it is a bit large for parking in the garage and getting around town where I live.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Although I like the Gladiator, I do not want one as my everyday driver. I'd much prefer a new Dakota if one is forthcoming. I do not need 4-wheel drive and the ability to handle the Rubicon. But I'd still like a well appointed mid-size truck that can tow and occasionally haul some things in the bed. And I do still like my 2019 Ram but it is a bit large for parking in the garage and getting around town where I live.
Same here if its even 10k lower in price than the Gladiator I'm sold. That said I don't think it'll fit in my garage. The Wrangler does, as does my Civic, my Outback and the 1st gen Voyager. But anything longer and I can't do laundry anymore or walk to the passenger side of the car. My home was built in the 1980's. Most of my neighbors have 1950's homes and their garages are even smaller.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts