Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 393 Posts

·
The NEW Chrysler's Armchair CEO
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The one item I have missed were the pages that talked about future vehicles.

Do we have a good guestimate on what each of the brand may look like over the next few years? Not talking what we WANT to see but what we think will launch.

Could I take a stab at it and please tweak where you think I may be wrong?

Jeep
Renegade
Compass
2-Door Wrangler
Cherokee
4-Door Wrangler
Gladiator
Grand Cherokee
Grand Cherokee L
Wagoneer
Wagoneer L
Grand Wagoneer
Grand Wagoneer L

Dodge
Charger
Challenger

Chrysler
Voyager
Pacifica

Ram
Promaster
Promaster City

tweak away.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts

Do we have a good guestimate on what each of the brand may look like over the next few years? Not talking what we WANT to see but what we think will launch.

Jeep
Renegade
Compass
2-Door Wrangler
Cherokee
4-Door Wrangler
Gladiator
Grand Cherokee
Grand Cherokee L
Wagoneer
Wagoneer L
Grand Wagoneer
Grand Wagoneer L

Dodge
Charger
Challenger

Chrysler
Voyager
Pacifica

Ram
Promaster
Promaster City

tweak away.
Durango?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts

Jeep
Renegade
Compass
2-Door Wrangler
Cherokee
4-Door Wrangler
Gladiator
Grand Cherokee
Grand Cherokee L
Wagoneer
Wagoneer L
Grand Wagoneer
Grand Wagoneer L

Dodge
Charger
Challenger

Chrysler
Voyager
Pacifica

Ram
Promaster
Promaster City

tweak away.
Over the next few (3) years none of these have to change. Many have to change by 2025 (2026 model year) to meet the 100% high voltage for light duty pledge.

•By 2025, high voltage variants offered on:
o100% range in Europe
o100% of light-duty range in the U.S.
High voltage applications include the following models: full battery electric (BEVs), plug-in hybrid (PHEVs) and range extended (REEV)

So for model year 2026
Jeep
Renegade- Kill in US
Compass- PHEV EMP2
2-Door Wrangler -this doesn't count as a separate model for PHEV count
Cherokee-PHEV EMP2
4-Door Wrangler PHEV
Gladiator -this doesn't count as a separate model
Grand Cherokee PHEV Giorgio G
Grand Cherokee L PHEV Giorgio G
Wagoneer PHEV
Wagoneer L PHEV
Grand Wagoneer PHEV
Grand Wagoneer L PHEV

Dodge
Charger Giorgio G PHEV
Challenger Giorgio G PHEV

Chrysler
Voyager -this doesn't count as a separate model
Pacifica PHEV EMP2

Ram
1500 no change
2500 no change
3500 no change
Promaster PHEV EMP2
Promaster City PHEV EMP2

New models
Chrysler compact car EMP1/CMP
Chrysler midsize car EMP2
Chrysler compact SUV EMP1/CMP
Chrysler midsize SUV EMP2
Dodge compact car EMP1/CMP
Dodge midsize car EMP2
Dodge compact SUV EMP1/CMP
Dodge midsize SUV EMP2

Everything can be on EMP1/CMP, EMP2 or Giorgio Global except Jeep and Ram pickup based and Jeep Wrangler based.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Over the next few (3) years none of these have to change. Many have to change by 2025 (2026 model year) to meet the 100% high voltage for light duty pledge.

o100% range in Europe
High voltage applications include the following models: full battery electric (BEVs), plug-in hybrid (PHEVs) and range extended (REEV)

So for model year 2026
Jeep
Renegade- Kill in US
Compass- PHEV EMP2
Cherokee-PHEV EMP2
4-Door Wrangler PHEV
Wagoneer PHEV
Wagoneer L PHEV
Grand Wagoneer PHEV
Grand Wagoneer L PHEV

Dodge
Charger Giorgio G PHEV

Chrysler
Pacifica PHEV EMP2

Ram
1500 no change
2500 no change
3500 no change
Promaster PHEV EMP2
Promaster City PHEV EMP2

New models
Dodge midsize car EMP2
Dodge midsize SUV EMP2

Everything can be on EMP1/CMP, EMP2 or Giorgio Global except Jeep and Ram pickup based and Jeep Wrangler based.
I like this but with new product I doubt they will do small car for 1 or both brands.
I would like to see a compact , mid & full size suv for both Chrysler & Dodge brands. I also think Chrysler can get away with also doing a coupe suv as well.

·
Registered
13,718 Posts

Jeep
Renegade
Compass
2-Door Wrangler
Cherokee
4-Door Wrangler
Gladiator
Grand Cherokee
Grand Cherokee L
Wagoneer
Wagoneer L
Grand Wagoneer
Grand Wagoneer L

Dodge
Charger
Challenger

Chrysler
Voyager
Pacifica

Ram
Promaster
Promaster City

tweak away.
The merger was just completed. The brands will be given their own identities and we will learn more about what product is coming around September of this year.

Until then, this is just idle speculation based on personal preferences, not on corporate direction.

We also need a CEO of Chrysler appointed.

·
Registered
93 Posts

o100% range in Europe

So for model year 2026
Jeep
Renegade- Kill in US
Compass- PHEV EMP2
Cherokee-PHEV EMP2
4-Door Wrangler PHEV
Wagoneer PHEV
Wagoneer L PHEV
Grand Wagoneer PHEV
Grand Wagoneer L PHEV

Dodge
Charger Giorgio G PHEV

Chrysler
Pacifica PHEV EMP2

Ram
1500 no change
2500 no change
3500 no change
Promaster PHEV EMP2
Promaster City PHEV EMP2

New models
Dodge midsize car EMP2
Dodge midsize SUV EMP2

The only ones missing are dodge daytona and ram life style smaller pickup

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
8,050 Posts
Jeep:

PHEV Grand/Wagoneer L
PHEV Grand/Wagoneer
PHEV Grand Cherokee/L
PHEV Wrangler / 4door
PHEV Gladiator
PHEV Cherokee
PHEV Compass
PHEV Renegade

Ram:
eTorq 1500
PHEV ProMaster/City

New?

Dodge:
eTorq Charger
eTorq Challenger
eTorq Durango

Jeep:
Baby Jeep below renegade
Jeep mini-truck (fiat toro, with renegade styling)

Chrysler:
Chrysler cuvs/hybrids. Mostly ev/hybrid and awd available.

Dodge:
Small sporty hatch/cuv to replace Durango
New platform charger/Challenger
Performance electric/hybrids

Ram:
Mid-size truck, eTorq - street performance variant.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Most of you are going to once again be disappointed with the lack of product. The new Chrysler stuff isn’t coming anytime soon.

The performance Dodge crossover based on EMP2 isn’t coming anytime soon.

We’re mostly locked in for existing product/refreshes until late calendar 2024.

all of the focus is on getting the high margin 5 and 7 passenger Grand Cherokee, Grand Cherokee L, Wagoneer, and Wagoneer L launches done right.

as well as getting PHEV variants out in calendar 2022.

WTI crossed $65/barrel.

·
Registered
13,718 Posts
Most of you are going to once again be disappointed with the lack of product. The new Chrysler stuff isn’t coming anytime soon.

The performance Dodge crossover based on EMP2 isn’t coming anytime soon.

We’re mostly locked in for existing product/refreshes until late calendar 2024.

all of the focus is on getting the high margin 5 and 7 passenger Grand Cherokee, Grand Cherokee L, Wagoneer, and Wagoneer L launches done right.

as well as getting PHEV variants out in calendar 2022.

WTI crossed $65/barrel.
Most of us know that very little is coming from the PSA side in the next 3-5 years because it takes that long for new product to be designed, tested, and certified. It is not like Opel/Vauxhall where everything is ready to go for EU certification and changes to styling is easier.

Besides, around 2023-2025 Stellantis will negotiate new labor contracts in the US & Canada and they can use the lure of new products to minimize any increases.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
The only ones missing are dodge daytona and ram life style smaller pickup
Daytona could be the Dodge compact, they don't need two compact sedans. As for the Rampage, we will have to see how the Maverick does. As much as I liked the Rampage, it wasn't a big hit like Laser/Daytona.

·
Registered
12 Posts
This is why PSA merged, to sell compact/midsize cars and SUVs in the US. It is either sell in the US or close factories, and they already pledged not to close factories.
No the car ( sedan ) market its dying / not worth the investment in the USA. ESP with Lower return than you get from suvs. Not to say they couldn’t because it can work if sales wise you are fully electric for small / compact cars. In the USA Chrysler is more successful with larger or midsized cars. If you are taking about sharing product from psa to lower cost of their initial investment of current or refreshed cars that could work too but again less profit and it will probably be a electrified model if not fully ev

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Compass
435 Posts
No the car ( sedan ) market its dying / not worth the investment in the USA. ESP with Lower return than you get from suvs. Not to say they couldn’t because it can work if sales wise you are fully electric for small / compact cars. In the USA Chrysler is more successful with larger or midsized cars. If you are taking about sharing product from psa to lower cost of their initial investment of current or refreshed cars that could work too but again less profit and it will probably be a electrified model if not fully ev
You're barking up the wrong tree man, just a heads up.

·
Super Moderator
37,873 Posts
Oh the old "no profit to be made in cars" argument. Let's now expand that to include the soon to be reality "no profit to be made in small to midsize CUVs."
Some people just repeat what they hear. Others apply logic. I long ago predicted that the same mistakes that caused FCA to fail in small/midsize cars would happen in CUVs. And it is happening. Just like Camry and Corolla dominated Dart and 200, RAV4 is dominating Compass, Renegade, and Cherokee. That leaves the legacy FCA products to compete more and more based on discounts.
The CUV market is rapidly becoming a commodity market and these products aren't competitive.
Then comes the "it's not about volume" argument.
That's fine if there's another product to soak up the unused plant capacity.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
There is nothing intrinsically wrong with not updating platforms/architectures for given vehicles, assuming they can still meet modern safety standards.

The issue a lot of people have is that, some of these cars feel the same as they did 10 years ago.

For instance, the non-V8 Charger is pretty much unchanged from consumer standpoint vs the 2012. I have owned or put substantial miles on several iterations of this platform of vehicle (2007 Charger R/T AWD, 2007 Magnum R/T, 2010 SRT Challenger, 2012 Superbee, 2013 Charger SXT AWD, 2016 300 Limited, 2017 Scat Pack, among others), so I am going to speak from my experiences and those around me.

Going from the 2007s (and the 2010 Challenger) to the 12 Superbee and the 13 SXT was absolutely night and day. The interior felt fresh and decidedly different. The SXT AWD was not substantially slower than the R/T AWD, in large part due to the 8 speed and gearing. The experience of driving the SXT was just so much better than the previous generation. Skip ahead to the next generation, the 2015+ Charger/300 didn't feel any different. From the driver's seat, sans the shifter and the driver cluster, it felt much like the same car.

That is not to say they didn't make many great updates, but even though our 13 is definitely feeling long in the tooth, we feel no incentive to get a new one at this point. It just doesn't feel different enough. There are plenty of things they could have done to change that.

Engine options. adding a 2.0L Turbo option, or allowing you to get a Hemi AWD would have been huge. 2.0L would get better mileage and be faster than the 3.6, win-win.
Dash layout/appearance. If you look up the 10 year old Charger interior vs todays, they are very similar.

For repeat buyers like myself, tell me, until my Charger is dead and buried, what is there to make me really want a new AWD Charger. It feels like the same car from 10 years ago. The higher end chargers have NOT suffered from this, but they don't sell in nearly the numbers the mainstream ones do. Going from the 2012 Superbee to the 2017 Scat Pack was another great surprise. That was all powertrain and Hellcat trickledown though.

I will say, right now, if we stay with sedans, the Kia Stinger is likely the next one we would get, though probably used. It offers a bit more visceral experience with AWD than the Charger does, and the extra trunk space would be handy.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Oh the old "no profit to be made in cars" argument. Let's now expand that to include the soon to be reality "no profit to be made in small to midsize CUVs."
Some people just repeat what they hear. Others apply logic. I long ago predicted that the same mistakes that caused FCA to fail in small/midsize cars would happen in CUVs. And it is happening. Just like Camry and Corolla dominated Dart and 200, RAV4 is dominating Compass, Renegade, and Cherokee. That leaves the legacy FCA products to compete more and more based on discounts.
The CUV market is rapidly becoming a commodity market and these products aren't competitive.
Then comes the "it's not about volume" argument.
That's fine if there's another product to soak up the unused plant capacity.
Peugeot seems good at commodity cars and can get some big production out of their platforms.

1 - 20 of 393 Posts