Allpar Forums banner

681 - 700 of 776 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,427 Posts
oh2o said:
Sounds to me like a KLue :)
Ooooooo I love a good riddle. I've been KLued in now!

Mike

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Mike V. said:
Ooooooo I love a good riddle. I've been KLued in now!

Mike
It's all covered yesterday in the "Death of Jeep?" Thread. ;)

·
Premium Member
26,427 Posts
MoparNorm said:
It's all covered yesterday in the "Death of Jeep?" Thread. ;)
Yes I know... I was continuing the joke. ;)

tomtex said:
.Well I.need help ,where do i find.this thered?
Chrysler Chat section.

Mike

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
tomtex said:
.Well I.need help ,where do i find.this thered?
It was moved to Chrysler News

·
Premium Member
26,427 Posts

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Mike V. said:
Chrysler Chat :lol:
Thanks, i had news on my mind as it never should have moved from News and Rumors, the information is months ahead of the News Feeds.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
MoparNorm said:
Thanks, i had news on my mind as it never should have moved from News and Rumors, the information is months ahead of the News Feeds.
BTW welcome back Norm :) Nice to have you back!

·
Mopar Guru!
12,768 Posts
A little more information on the 2015 Jeep Grand Wagoneer. Looks like the Dodge Durango might stay in the Dodge stable to allow a more affordable alternative to the new luxury based Grand Wagoneer. The Grand Wagoneer will still have the underpinnings of the Grand Cherokee, but will be more of an all out luxury SUV unlike the Jeep Commander it will replace. Chrysler is aimming the Grand Wagoneer at Lincoln Navigator, Cadillac Escalade, and Land Rover Range Rover Sport. Been told a fully loaded Grand Wagoneer will hit high $60k - low $70k range! That will leave enough room for the Durango to be in the Dodge lineup as well as Jefferson Ave. Plant (JNAP) will NOT produce the Maserati SUV here in Detroit. This will also allow three models (Grand Cherokee, Grand Wagonner, and Durango) to be produced w/ three shifts.

Dodge Durango has a lot going for itself, due to the fact it will give an alternative to the base Grand Cherokee and offer three rows of seating, will still continue to be used for emergency fleet vehicles, and with the ever shinking Dodge lineup it provides strength in the brand that has been broken up into three brands over the past three years (Dodge, Ram, and SRT).

redriderbob

·
Registered
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
2,682 Posts
The question is... While assembly might not produce the Maserati, will body shop? That could still happen. We can build the bodies, then ship them out to Italy.

That would work out perfectly. Why? Assembly doesn't have the capacity to build all 4.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
redriderbob said:
A little more information on the 2015 Jeep Grand Wagoneer. Looks like the Dodge Durango might stay in the Dodge stable to allow a more affordable alternative to the new luxury based Grand Wagoneer. The Grand Wagoneer will still have the underpinnings of the Grand Cherokee, but will be more of an all out luxury SUV unlike the Jeep Commander it will replace. Chrysler is aimming the Grand Wagoneer at Lincoln Navigator, Cadillac Escalade, and Land Rover Range Rover Sport. Been told a fully loaded Grand Wagoneer will hit high $60k - low $70k range! That will leave enough room for the Durango to be in the Dodge lineup as well as Jefferson Ave. Plant (JNAP) will NOT produce the Maserati SUV here in Detroit. This will also allow three models (Grand Cherokee, Grand Wagonner, and Durango) to be produced w/ three shifts.

Dodge Durango has a lot going for itself, due to the fact it will give an alternative to the base Grand Cherokee and offer three rows of seating, will still continue to be used for emergency fleet vehicles, and with the ever shinking Dodge lineup it provides strength in the brand that has been broken up into three brands over the past three years (Dodge, Ram, and SRT).

redriderbob
Thanks for the info 'rr'. I totally agree with you about the Durango. Another great vehicle that seems to fall into the 'neglected abyss'. Perhaps now that will change.

·
THE MAD DUCK
2,400 Posts

·
THE MAD DUCK
2,400 Posts

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts
Ugh - yes - that's a Ssangyong Rodius alright. If I recall, it was used in the "Wheeler Dealers" show on a season or two.

From the Ssangyong Rodius Wikipedia page...
The car was designed by Ken Greenley, former head of the automotive design course at the Royal College of Art in London. The design goal was to capture the essence of a luxury yacht.

In 2005 the Rodius won the dubious distinction of being voted "the ugliest car ever made" by visitors to motoring website CarData and is described by Top Gear Magazine as a car: "that looks like it got bottled in a pub brawl and stitched back together by a blind man" and the car also won the Top Gear Magazine WTF Award for 2009.

It also got described as: "having a face like a burnt thong" by the Australian magazine Wheels.

In 2010, the Australian magazine liftout of the Sydney Morning Herald, Drive Life, described the car as being "so cack-handed in every aesthetic department it makes the average people-mover owner feel like they are getting about in an ultra-stylish Italian sports machine", later going on to call it a "collapsing bus shelter on wheels".

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Re: Cherokee.
"It certainly is a very, very well-known name. People who had Cherokees remember them incredibly fondly," Manley said. "It has huge name recognition and a big following."

For that very reason they are playing with fire if they name KL "Cherokee". It won't live up to the XJ by any stretch of their imagination.
If they think Jeepers are making a fuss over the pretend Jeeps now, just wait. Jeepers will be thoroughly disgusted by this move and openly hostile toward Fiat.

...oh...and Mike, if Cherokee has such a big and loyal and incredible following...why the heck didn't you just bring back a modern version?
This Alfa isn't going to fool many...

681 - 700 of 776 Posts