Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay Kiddies, It's been a year, or Seven for me (saying/sharing anything here)............


I Hear...... SRT/Chrysler wants to round out a Lineup of Three SRT-Jeeps

Two More: to Join the Hemi V-8 Grand Cherokee

A V-6 Turbo Pentastar Cherokee ('SRT-6') ~375 hp??

and an I-4 Turbo TIgershark Compass ('SRT-4') ~300hp??
 

·
The Poster Formerly Known As "Bethlumboy"
Joined
·
2,644 Posts
Truth said:
Okay Kiddies, It's been a year, or Seven for me (saying/sharing anything here)............


I Hear...... SRT/Chrysler wants to round out a Lineup of Three SRT-Jeeps

Two More: to Join the Hemi V-8 Grand Cherokee

A V-6 Turbo Pentastar Cherokee ('SRT-6') ~375 hp??

and an I-4 Turbo TIgershark Compass ('SRT-4') ~300hp??
Interesting, and sounds plausible, except the latest product plan calls for only one new SRT, starting production in 2016. Some suggest this new model will be the Barracuda or Dart, but I'd put my money on it being the next-gen Grand Cherokee. Plus, with the SRT Dart seemingly cancelled, delayed, or renamed the Dart R/T, I suspect that SRT is focusing solely on RWD vehicles for the time being. But who knows how complete the product plan is? It could even have changed in the last 4 weeks or so! And anything could happen in 2017.

No SRT Grand Wagoneer???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,758 Posts
bethlumboy said:
Interesting, and sounds plausible, except the latest product plan calls for only one new SRT, starting production in 2016. Some suggest this new model will be the Barracuda or Dart, but I'd put my money on it being the next-gen Grand Cherokee. Plus, with the SRT Dart seemingly cancelled, delayed, or renamed the Dart R/T, I suspect that SRT is focusing solely on RWD vehicles for the time being. But who knows how complete the product plan is? It could even have changed in the last 4 weeks or so! And anything could happen in 2017.

No SRT Grand Wagoneer???
Ralph already said that SRT being strictly RWD biased was an baseless rumor.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,747 Posts
Truth said:
Okay Kiddies, It's been a year, or Seven for me (saying/sharing anything here)............


I Hear...... SRT/Chrysler wants to round out a Lineup of Three SRT-Jeeps

Two More: to Join the Hemi V-8 Grand Cherokee

A V-6 Turbo Pentastar Cherokee ('SRT-6') ~375 hp??

and an I-4 Turbo TIgershark Compass ('SRT-4') ~300hp??
If that helps them get a Dart SRT to market, I'm good with that.
 

·
The Poster Formerly Known As "Bethlumboy"
Joined
·
2,644 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This would be based on the NEXT-Generation "Compass" 2015/16 (which last I heard is slated to keep Compass name), Not the Updated Current one for 2014 of course.

It would help Dart-SRT become a reality, so that the High-Output Turbo 2.4 Tigersark isn't a "One Off",
the way the 6.4 SRT-8 and Supercharged 6.2 are shared bt Charger, Challenger, 300, Grand Cherokee, ("Barracuda"?)

(P.S. Have heard Nothing about a Possible SRT Grand Wagoneer, Maybe SRT Durango, if anything. New Durango coming of course, and New Grand Wagoneer coming too.)


A Pentastar Turbo V-6 "SRT-6" could be shared by other Midsize models too, Like Chrysler 200
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

** These 2 SRT Engines ARE STILL IN DEVELOPMENT:
* 2.4 Tigershark Turbo
* Pentastar Turbo
(but not certian on size: 3.6, 3.2, or 3.0?) the SRT may actually be based on the smaller Pentastar, Not 3.6.

Other than Viper, Money-wise it's a LOT Easier to Develop an SRT Engine that can be utilized by More Than One Product

... A Few "SRT-8's", a Few "SRT-6's", a Few "SRT-4's"
-------------------------------------------
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,139 Posts
Truth said:
This would be NEXT-Generation "Compass" (which last I heard is slated to keep Compass name), Not the Updated Current one for 2014.

It would help Dart-SRT become a reality, so that the High-Output Turbo 2.4 Tigersark isn't a "One Off",
the way the 6.4 SRT-8 and Supercharged 6.2 are shared bt Charger, Challenger, 300, Grand Cherokee ("Barracuda"?)

A Pentastar Turbo V-6 "SRT-6" could be shared by other Midsize models too, Like Chrysler 200

These 2 SRT Engines ARE STILL IN DEVELOPMENT
2.4 Tigershark Turbo
Pentastar Turbo (but not certian on size: 3.6, 3.2, or 3.0?)

Other than Viper, Money-wise it's a LOT Easier to Develop an SRT Engine that can be utilized by More Than One Product
... A Few "SRT-8's", a Few "SRT-6's", a Few "SRT-4's"
-------------------------------------------




(PS Have heard nothing about a Possible SRT Grand Wagoneer, Maybe SRT DUrango, if anything. New Durango coming of course, and Grand Wagoneer coming too.)
Compass SRT would make sense because of Q3RS, GLA AMG and also this would help recovering the cost of development of SRT4 engine over more models.

SRT6 is also possible if, they can share some tech from Maserati to lower the cost and if Cherokee and 200 proved successful to justify the development of a HP model.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
35,248 Posts
but not certian on size: 3.6, 3.2, or 3.0?) the SRT may actually be based on the smaller Pentastar, Not 3.6
.

The plan has always been to use the 3.0 for the turbo V6, for various reasons. How close IS your source? I'm sensing wishful thinking as much as anything, given what's been said.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
3,522 Posts
DaveAdmin said:
...I'm sensing wishful thinking as much as anything, given what's been said.
I think 100% wishful thinking... would anyone out there really be "wishing" for either of these vehicles in SRT form? Also fairly certain that neither would be on Norm's xmas list...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,262 Posts
oh2o said:
I think 100% wishful thinking... would anyone out there really be "wishing" for either of these vehicles in SRT form? Also fairly certain that neither would be on Norm's xmas list...
I am not disagreeing with you oh2o :) But on the other hand, the SRT Grand Cherokee wouldnt be on Norms Xmas list either, and they cannot build them fast enough. That might be enough incentive for them to consider other SRT Jeeps.... makes sense to me.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
3,522 Posts
Danno said:
I am not disagreeing with you oh2o :) But on the other hand, the SRT Grand Cherokee wouldnt be on Norms Xmas list either, and they cannot build them fast enough. That might be enough incentive for them to consider other SRT Jeeps.... makes sense to me.
I wouldn't ever rule out a possible 2nd SRT Jeep in the future, but certainly not two more. And I would bet almost anything that if it were to happen it would never be under the name "Compass".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,262 Posts
oh2o said:
I wouldn't ever rule out a possible 2nd SRT Jeep in the future, but certainly not two more. And I would bet almost anything that if it were to happen it would never be under the name "Compass".
I can hardly argue with that!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
396 Posts
The original SRT 2.4L turbo was also available in the PT Cruiser. I could see the new turbo 4 as an option for the compass but only available in SRT trim in the Dart.
 
1 - 20 of 62 Posts
Top