Allpar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Most Chrysler enthuisiants know that Galen Govier is the main person to certify their classic chrysler muscle car. BUt does anyone know if he does other later model cars like my Chrysler New Yorker Fifth Avenue???? His website states that he does later model cars but i wanted to know if anyone here has ever used his services and if they could tell me about their results? I don't want to pay hundreds of dollars if he's not going to do as good of a job as he does for those other muscle car owners. But i would like to have his documentation. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
36,928 Posts
I'll tell you what I know, though I've not bought a report for any car from him I did chat with him at length some years back about a very odd bit of paperwork that came with a 1979 Cordoba I had at the time.

Galen has done some work, including publishing a white book that covers up through the 1980 model year. It has more details for the B, F, M and J cars, not much on the R bodies. It does list the data tag codes that would be on your car, but nothing as far as R body production figures. I don't have the latest edition, mine is only the 3rd ed. and his website lists a 4th ed. so it could have new items added.

Galen also helped out with an organization I used to be active in, the T-Bar Registry for the 1977-1982 t-top Chrysler cars. At one time, the guy who ran that registry had a lot of production numbers which I assume came from Galen. But the T-Bar Registry is no more.

I would like to know the 1981 production figures for the Dodge Mirada with a factory sunroof and Galen said he did not have that information.

Good luck!

S

·
0 Posts
I'll tell you what I know, though I've not bought a report for any car from him I did chat with him at length some years back about a very odd bit of paperwork that came with a 1979 Cordoba I had at the time.

Galen has done some work, including publishing a white book that covers up through the 1980 model year. It has more details for the B, F, M and J cars, not much on the R bodies. It does list the data tag codes that would be on your car, but nothing as far as R body production figures. I don't have the latest edition, mine is only the 3rd ed. and his website lists a 4th ed. so it could have new items added.

Galen also helped out with an organization I used to be active in, the T-Bar Registry for the 1977-1982 t-top Chrysler cars. At one time, the guy who ran that registry had a lot of production numbers which I assume came from Galen. But the T-Bar Registry is no more.

I would like to know the 1981 production figures for the Dodge Mirada with a factory sunroof and Galen said he did not have that information.

Good luck!
Hate to revive a post that's over a year old but I just ran across it.

The T-bar Registry may be dead but the guy who ran it isn't, he just took a few decades away from the "show car" thing. I still have all the F-J-M body production figures. And not to blow my own horn, and Gailen will attest to this, he got his original production figures from me, not the other way around.

Steve Sulkowski (former director, T-Bar Registry)

·
Super Moderator
36,928 Posts
Sorry, Steve. I knew you worked with Galen on this but I could not remember who got what numbers from whom.

I remember all the figures you had and when you first told me about the rarity of the 1980 Mirada CMX with the 360.

·
Registered
61 Posts
stesul411 said:
Hate to revive a post that's over a year old but I just ran across it.

The T-bar Registry may be dead but the guy who ran it isn't, he just took a few decades away from the "show car" thing. I still have all the F-J-M body production figures. And not to blow my own horn, and Gailen will attest to this, he got his original production figures from me, not the other way around.

Steve Sulkowski (former director, T-Bar Registry)
My question is can you give me production numbers on a 1978 t top cordoba with the p code 400 and tripple black paint?

·
Super Moderator
36,928 Posts
1978 Cordoba 108,054 total
3,782 had t-tops
432 had the P code 400-4
I don't have any numbers on the colors.
The way Chrysler did it, it's impossible to know how many cars had a specific combination of options but yours sounds like an awesome Cordoba and fairly rare!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts