Allpar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
3,474 Posts
It would seem that brake and suspension is what's keeping the Viper from being all it can be...
Still lapping behind the last gen. vette?

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
RVC said:
It would seem that brake and suspension is what's keeping the Viper from being all it can be...
Still lapping behind the last gen. racing inspired vette?
fixed

PS i had already made a topic about this lol

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Remember, the Corsas the track pack comes with are still usable in the rain, unlike the PSCs that are on The ZR-1 (you know, that one with ~30 more hp than the average customer's ZR-1). Evidence suggests Pirelli is developing a Trofeo-R for the Gen V which will be completely track-oriented like a PSC.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
I think that MT and Pobst didn't want to be embarrassed when Gilles marches in later this spring with Dominick Farnbacher and several Vipers. They HAD to do something. They knew Gilles was not kidding when he said SRT knew how fast the Viper was at Laguna, and that they knew the ZR1 "cold", and they knew they were faster. When RG, and DF, and crew beat MT, Pobst, and the ZR1, it would look like MT was sandbagging the Viper, on purpose.

So, when the rematch happens, as RG said it would, you can bet your Pirellis that the ZR1 will be a ringer, unless GM is called on the carpet for it. So, does SRT bring in a portable dyno, or does RG and crew "tweak" the Viper? Or, do they just let it stand, and beat the ZR1 "especiale" with a run of the mill Viper. They can't really mod the Viper, or every Viper owner is going to know it, and give them hell for it. Viper nation would see that as a betrayal, of sorts. I see it as being fair, only if GM is willing to submit to "test levelling measures". RG has shown that he is more than willing to call a spade a spade.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts