Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Exerpt from our employee news:

Another European debut at the Jeep stand in Geneva is for the new 2014 Jeep Compass . Equipped with a new six-speed PowerTech automatic transmission, Compass boasts an updated exterior and a new, even more refined and comfortable cabin. Thanks to the smooth shifting allowed by the new gearbox, the 2014 Jeep Compass delivers improved driving performance.
The new Compass also offers new safety features, including front-seat-mounted side air bags and ParkView rear backup camera, and a rich array of features for increased on-board comfort when driving in the city and on off-road trails.
Standard features include air conditioning, power/heated exterior mirrors, fog lamps, keyless entry, Cruise Control, a removable/rechargeable light, Electronic Stability Control, Electronic Roll Mitigation, Hill-Start Assist, anti-lock disc brakes and 60/40 fold-flat rear seat.
The new 2014 Jeep Compass will be introduced across Europe in the second half of 2013 in three different trim levels, including the already existing Sport and Limited and the all-new North mode

This is for Europe but likely very similar, except for diesel option, for North America

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Sounds like The compass will hang around a while longer.

·
The Poster Formerly Known As "Bethlumboy"
2,644 Posts
Replacement seems to due CY2015, along with Grand Wagoneer, so two years of the updated model before the CUSW version. B-Jeep in CY2014.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
bethlumboy said:
Replacement seems to due CY2015, along with Grand Wagoneer, so two years of the updated model before the CUSW version. B-Jeep in CY2014.
Seems like a lot of changes for two years but that is a good thing.

·
Say no to kool-aid
3,922 Posts
CJDsalespro said:
with the exception of the 6speed automatic. There really was very little in changes. the interior has some upgrades and no sheet metal changes headlight upgrade and paint on the mirrors. http://www.jeep.com/en/2014/compass/

Wasn't that something that had really bugged the crud out of you? Lack of body paint mirrors? If so, that's good to hear.

I don't know what the interior upgrades are, but I feel like, and you can correct me if I am wrong - that while the Compass still isn't a great competitor, that these tweaks should help to address some of it's additional short comings, and make it a more viable option.

It isn't going to knock anyone's socks off, but will keep it selling. I wonder if there are any added improvements to reduce NVH.

·
Registered
8,746 Posts
CJDsalespro said:
with the exception of the 6speed automatic. There really was very little in changes. the interior has some upgrades and no sheet metal changes headlight upgrade and paint on the mirrors. http://www.jeep.com/en/2014/compass/

Now, if only it had been released like that...

bumonbox said:
Wasn't that something that had really bugged the crud out of you? Lack of body paint mirrors? If so, that's good to hear.

I don't know what the interior upgrades are, but I feel like, and you can correct me if I am wrong - that while the Compass still isn't a great competitor, that these tweaks should help to address some of it's additional short comings, and make it a more viable option.

It isn't going to knock anyone's socks off, but will keep it selling. I wonder if there are any added improvements to reduce NVH.
The Compass I saw at the NAIAS had a lot of really nice interior features and accents.

It truly looks quite good, and just goes to show how much dumbler cheapened out the Caliber/Compass/Patriot trio.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
Wasn't this Already debuted in Detroit.

·
Active Jeeper
31,138 Posts
Mike V. said:
Wasn't this Already debuted in Detroit.
I think so...

·
Registered
212 Posts
Now that is has a real transmission, its not that bad of a vehicle. I will actually cross shop that this year when we buy a new car for the wife.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
bumonbox said:

Good memory RE: the painted mirrors....that indeed has been a pet peeve of mine since it came out. The addition of the 6speed tranny will def help with NVH. Dont get me wrong I love the the tweaks....I just think calling it "new" is a major strech.

and Yes it was released at the Detroit show.....

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
Bionicrooster said:
Now that is has a real transmission, its not that bad of a vehicle. I will actually cross shop that this year when we buy a new car for the wife.
While the Jatco CVT was hardly a fan favorite, overall it was an excellent transmission with great reliability and little warranty costs.

We can call it names all day long, but it was not and is not a bad transmission.

And it is a "real" transmission.

Mike

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
unverferth said:
Wonder why the Compass survives and not the Patriot ?
To me...... at least the Patriot looks like a Jeep
Yea that ugly Compass looks like a Nissan or Honda to me.....not a Jeep...lol :frusty:

·
The Poster Formerly Known As "Bethlumboy"
2,644 Posts
Both are to be replaced with a single all-new model, which may or may derive its styling from one or both of the current models. Only one _name_ will survive, and rumors suggest it will be Compass.

I prefer the look of the Patriot, but I like the Compass name better.

·
Banned
3,474 Posts
Maybe they'll call it Renegade :D

·
Registered
688 Posts
Mike V. said:
While the Jatco CVT was hardly a fan favorite, overall it was an excellent transmission with great reliability and little warranty costs.

We can call it names all day long, but it was not and is not a bad transmission.

And it is a "real" transmission.

Mike
I agree with Mike.

But most of the folks here can't deal with a paradigm shift like that (vs. a torque converter/discrete gears auto) without blowing their clutch on reality. (been saving that one.)

I like CVTs and more cars are going to them.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts