Allpar Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
8,062 Posts
unverferth said:
Wonder why the Compass survives and not the Patriot ?
To me...... at least the Patriot looks like a Jeep
If it isn't obvious by now; Jeep is going a different direction, design wise.

I hardly blame them. They really can't keep up with the MPG demands looking like the square-bodied machines of the 80s and 90s.
Demands of consumers and regulations have changed, and Jeep has to change or die, as it were. So they are.

That said, I hope the Wagoneer looks more 'retro'. lol

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Seagondollar said:
I agree with Mike. But most of the folks here can't deal with a paradigm shift like that (vs. a torque converter/discrete gears auto) without blowing their clutch on reality. I like CVTs and more cars are going to them.
I just found them to be loud & buzzy in the rental unit. And you waited to hear/feel the gear shift and wondered if there wasn't a problem with the tansmission.

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts
Maybe that's why the CVT operation never bugged me - I wasn't waiting to hear or feel the gear shift because I knew going in that there wouldn't be any.

·
Premium Member
26,427 Posts
Stratuscaster said:
Maybe that's why the CVT operation never bugged me - I wasn't waiting to hear or feel the gear shift because I knew going in that there wouldn't be any.
My experience was exactly the same.

Appears like operator error to me, not the fault of the transmission if the operate doesn't know how it works or what to expect.

People need to educate themselves about the vehicle they are driving too. It's quite frustrating. There is nothing wrong with the CVT and it got a really bad rap.

Mike

21 - 24 of 24 Posts