Allpar Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there guys:

I'm willing to get a new car in the upcoming months, well It's going to be a Dodge, that's for sure, I'm between the Avenger SXT (sold here in Mexico with the 2.4L world engine, automatic transmission) and the Dart SXT too (Sold here as a 2.0L TigerShark, manual transmission).

I like the Dart's interiors but I don't like it's size, the Avenger could be not that techy advanced but it looks much meaner in the Exterior, plus the interior improved a bunch along with the 200.

Is there any advice that you can give me for any of both cars?, them are around the same price tag here.

Thanks a lot in advance :w00t: !

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
Drive 'em both before deciding.

Dart will probably be easier to park and is a newer design.

Avenger will be a little bigger inside but and design is mature.

You may also want to evaluate how much off-blacktop driving you do and how much ground clearance you'll get...

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
No Pentastar in Mexico?
That would make the Avenger my choice if available with the Pentastar, it's a great engine. Better fuel economy than advertised.
If size is needed again the Avenger. If new is desired, then the Dart.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks both for your replies :) .

TWX - I've drove the Avenger many times already, plus I owned a Spirit R/T and a Stratus R/T in the past so I'm quite used to the size, but I haven't drive the Dart yet, I've been reading a lot about the Dart in here and everyone seems to agree that the Neon was much better when it comes to handling, I'll give it a shoot myself and we'll see what happens.

MoparNorm - The Pentastar it's available on demmand for the R/T or the Blacktop Avenger editions and to be honest I can't afford that :frusty: , a 200 Limited with regular seats and sunroofless would be cheaper than the Avenger R/T or the Blacktop, it has the Pentastar but I can't afford it either.

I'm going to do carpooling with the car for my job and I guess that the Avenger has more space in the backseats, unless that you can tell me the opposite, I'll be looking forward for your replies guys! it's greatly appreciated!.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Ah yes, the cost is always an issue.
I'd say the rear seat headroom may be a bit more in the Avenger, but I have not yet seen the two side by side to compare.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Stratuscaster and thanks again MoparNorm.

Well I'll test drive the Dart, but seems like the Avenger is winning so far :p .

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,997 Posts
Having had both a 1st gen Neon & now the Dart Limited; I can say that the Dart is plenty quick for its size, now that the GT is getting out there, it's a great deal; and with the 2.4L engine, it should feel a bit faster (it's no slouch, but it feels like it is to a lot of people, because the sound deadening is so effective, it kind of removes you from the environment)

A modded neon might out-handle a Dart; but not a stock vs. stock comparison. I loved my neon, and I still love my Dart. The only thing that'd make me want an Avenger, is the Pentastar. That's it, the rest is a Dart win. lol

* this thread does an excellent job showing how potential buyers compare the Avenger and Dart, btw.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dave said:
" I've been reading a lot about the Dart in here and everyone seems to agree that the Neon was much better when it comes to handling"

I haven't heard that anywhere.

Definitely drive the Dart. It's hard to beat Avenger's deal though, unless highway mielage is very important.
Well I'll use it every day to cross the entire city from south to north and it's not an small city... it's crazy, so that's the reason why the 2.0L it's getting my attention, it's a little bit more efficient for fuel economy, but driving manual in heavy traffic it's a pain on the neck...

suzq044 said:
Having had both a 1st gen Neon & now the Dart Limited; I can say that the Dart is plenty quick for its size, now that the GT is getting out there, it's a great deal; and with the 2.4L engine, it should feel a bit faster (it's no slouch, but it feels like it is to a lot of people, because the sound deadening is so effective, it kind of removes you from the environment)

A modded neon might out-handle a Dart; but not a stock vs. stock comparison. I loved my neon, and I still love my Dart. The only thing that'd make me want an Avenger, is the Pentastar. That's it, the rest is a Dart win. lol

* this thread does an excellent job showing how potential buyers compare the Avenger and Dart, btw.
The GT isn't here yet and I don't really think I would be able to afford it, well maybe then I'll be able to do it but I'm getting the car let's say in September - October.

I love the Dart's Charger's-like back, the Charger is much meaner, but when you see that back at night, oh... it's amazing.

However the Avenger with the Spoiler :excited: .

I'm really appreciating your comments guys! thanks a lot!.
Jeepophile said:
Understanding that carpooling (with adult-sized people in back seat?) is OP's critical use, isn't Avenger more suitable?
Yeah it would be 2 adults on the back, so I think that's an important point!. Thanks!

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,997 Posts
I love my tail-lights; just make sure you actually ORDER them or make sure the car you get has them. They're not standard equipment.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
suzq044 said:
I love my tail-lights; just make sure you actually ORDER them or make sure the car you get has them. They're not standard equipment.
Awesome!!!! :excited: .

Well Chrysler de Mexico is not selling the SE version, or the Turbo either, since here they sell the Attitude "By Dodge" (indeed it's a Hyundai Accent) as a "C" Segment very affrodable car, the Dart it's considered at another higher category (still a "C" size, but it would be stupid to have similar price tags) so they sell the Dart starting from the SXT with the techy fancy stuff on the interiors and the tail-lights and the most equipped one it's the Limited with the sunroof wider rims etc., and that's the reason why the price tag it's a little bit lower than the Avenger SXT, that in this case lacks of Uconnect :thumbsdown:, but it still has the Mygig.

I'll let you know my toughts after the test drive.

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,997 Posts
Mine is a fully-loaded Limited; his MSRP was $25,785 (USD); only things I didn't get were the automatic, the sunroof & the engine block heater. I can only imagine the Mexico pricing.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Most equipped here it's around $35,000 (USD) :thumbsdown: . With that money I would go for the 200 to be honest :closedeyes: .

I've seen your Dart on the link at your signature, congratultions it's a beauty!.

Anyhow, I've scheduled the test drive for next weekend!.

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
If two adults have to sit in the back, maybe they should chip in a little bit of cash to make it easier for you to buy the Avenger... *evil grin*

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
TWX said:
If two adults have to sit in the back, maybe they should chip in a little bit of cash to make it easier for you to buy the Avenger... *evil grin*
:thumbsup: That would be awesome.

Dave said:
Charger starts at $26,000... if you care a lot about back seat space... highway mileage is about the same as Avenger...
Here starts at $35,000 (above $400,000 Mexican pesos) :scared: , I love the Charger but I can't afford it yet.

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
Mr_WoLoLO said:
:thumbsup: That would be awesome.

Here starts at $35,000 (above $400,000 Mexican pesos) :scared: , I love the Charger but I can't afford it yet.
In Canada it starts at $30k for a V6 + 5-speed auto

1 - 19 of 19 Posts