Allpar Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ever installed one of these chips?, It is supposed to give at least 5-7 more MPG and increase HP up to 60 more. a simple two wire insatll and the price at 69.99 seems OK any help will be helpfull.

·
Super Moderator
21,355 Posts
If it was really that good and could really improve things that much while meeting driveability/emission/fuel economy standards, the automakers would have been all over it in a heartbeat and have already been there/done that.
A lot of claims are just marketing snake oil.
IMHO-don't waste your money. Look for a PT turbo.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, I'll try it out, it has a 100% refund if it does not work,, I,ll return it I,ll keep it posted

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
You would need a power adder to pick up 60hp, such as N2O or turbo. There are so many variables to effect output that only a handheld tuner such as a Diablo Sport Trinty will unlock anything.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had it installed two weeks ago, my gas milage was 17.4 before and now it stands still at 22.6 MPG, can't notice that much increase in power, but I live in small town. I'll take on the freeway sometime and will report about any horsepower that I can fell.
I think that is was worth ther 69.95 and a simple two wire hook-up

·
Super Moderator
31,983 Posts
2-wire hookup? That doesn't sound like a new IC. Can you provide a description or photo of this setup?

·
Super Moderator
31,983 Posts
I did. It doesn't. I didn't find a pictorial of the chip, or any installation instructions. All I found was the same theory by which the OEM setup is configured, and claims of improvements.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is the size of a thick credit card, go to the website and type in the car and model you want, then you can see what it looks like
Hope this helps

I cant seem to upload a picture of it

·
Super Moderator
21,355 Posts
So basically it changes the IAT (intake air temperature) sensor input to the PCM. The computer now thinks that it is breathing in colder, therefore denser intake air and adjusts the fuel mixture richer accordingly. More O2 intake=more fuel. Less O2 intake=less fuel.
If it works in that way, you are running richer and your fuel economy will drop and CO will rise. But also your O2 sensors will catch the richer mixture and then lean out the fuel mixture to the previous stoichiometric levels. The adaptive fuel mixture trim will adjust and recalibrate itself for this fuel mixture discrepancy every time. You will have gained nothing. You just can't fool the computer O2 feedback system in closed loop.
The mark down from $399.99 to $69.00 is another con game these guys play. What a great deal! Not.
It is a SCAM.

http://www.gforcechips.com/

·
Super Moderator
31,983 Posts
It IS a con game. There is no "chip" inside those, it's simply a resistor that costs about 30 cents at Radio Shack, or about 2 cents when purchased in high volume. I'm an electrical engineer with nearly 30 years' experience, IC is right, it's simply an offset to the output voltage of the IAT and they are throwing the air/fuel mix off. The computer will compensate automatically. Total waste of money, sorry, but you have been taken.

On top of it all, I looked up my cars, which do not have an IAT, and it still shows a product offering that cannot be connected anywhere.

And here is when you find out that it isn't offered for your car - AFTER they harvest your name and address (I won't put mine in), then they tell you it doesn't fit your car. Then they sell off your contact info to someone else.

Year and Body Style:
(Please specify engine configuration in step 2 of checkout after clicking buy now which is after you input name/address which is step 1 of checkout)

There is NO legitimate reason to make you give your contact info BEFORE you enter the engine configuration. You should not have to enter the checkout function first. These guys are running a huge scam. They're going to make money off your contact info, even if you don't buy a single thing from them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Still running at 22.6 MPG after a new fill up, I don't care what everyone says I thinks it works so far

1 - 14 of 14 Posts