·
Super Moderator
38,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: Erik Latranyi

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Glad I ordered in May! I got mine just in time.

Reactions: Shane Estabrooks

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Wonder how there is chip shortage for these. Around here I have seen very few on the roads since they came out .

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
37,173 Posts
Wonder how there is chip shortage for these. Around here I have seen very few on the roads since they came out .
Nearly 50,000 sold through the end of June.

·
Super Moderator
38,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Popularity is probably somewhat regional. Actually pretty common in my area.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Common down here in Central Florida as well.

Reactions: Dodgeguy1961

·
Registered
698 Posts
I see lots of them in Louisville.

Judging by Wrangler sales numbers. The Gladiator isn't stealing Wrangler sales but bringing in new customers.

I admit I'm surprised. 125-150k yearly sales look possible.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Tons of those amazing trucks in Canada... or at least in my area, I wonder if the back order of my ABS sensors is something to do with the chip shortage!

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Popularity is probably somewhat regional. Actually pretty common in my area.
Yep. They're everywhere here in Orlando. I'll see many daily and I don't drive that much. They're very popular in Orlando because of all the rough terrain people clamoring for status here in Florida.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
This is likely why the 2022 model year got pushed way back. Typically, by June the order guide has hit the internet and by September production has begun on the next model year. Not the case with 2022s, as I'm hearing that those won't go into production until later in Q4 this year.

Makes me wonder if 2023 will also get pushed back, or will 2022 be a short model year? I had heard that 2023 is planned to be the mid-cycle refresh, and just last week I saw Jeep representatives polling owners of Gladiators about what changes they'd like to see to the center console area. So I'm guessing that the updated JL/JT is right around the corner (within the next 12 months or so).

·
Jeepaholic
6,155 Posts
Well I have a bright red Rubicon parked at my house right now. Granted, it’s just a die cast model, but hey, I’ll take what I can get! It helps with the visualization aspect of my wishful thinking. :LOL:

·
Virginia Gentleman
15,241 Posts
I've only seen a handful of Gladiators. Lots of Rams, F150s and Silverado's though. We are a rural county with farms so it is no surprise.

·
Registered
14,815 Posts
I've only seen a handful of Gladiators. Lots of Rams, F150s and Silverado's though. We are a rural county with farms so it is no surprise.
Farms and real truck users will not buy a Gladiator. It is more of a lifestyle truck than a real truck even though it has real truck chops./

This is why Ram need a true midsize truck that can compete with BOF Tacoma, Ranger and Canyon/Colorado.

·
Registered
1970 Plymouth Duster 340, 2021 Jeep Wrangler 4XE
75 Posts
Tons of those amazing trucks in Canada... or at least in my area, I wonder if the back order of my ABS sensors is something to do with the chip shortage!
I see quite a few here in Toronto. My buddy had one, traded it for a Pacifica which is easier for his dogs to get into. IMHO he should have traded his wife's Ridgeline.

·
Jeepaholic
6,155 Posts
Farms and real truck users will not buy a Gladiator. It is more of a lifestyle truck than a real truck even though it has real truck chops./.
That’s pretty sad really. The original CJ’s were designed with farm use in mind, with parts and accessories offered exactly for that purpose.

·
Registered
99 Posts
bet they woudl sell even more if they made a ""mega" std cab or a small extended cab and 6.5' bed based on the unlimited frame
least then you coud load a yard and a half of mulch in it

·
Registered
41 Posts
I bought one, in 1:64 scale 🤣🤣🤣

Checked them out, sorry to those who love em but I don't see the $50,000+ value there.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts