Allpar Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
With the half door/ full door option, dang if these things aren't my dream car.

·
Super Moderator
38,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I'm hearing from my dealer that 2022 ordering will be available in October.
Many dealers have said different dates, nothing seems official. Nor is there a list of what, if any, updates for the 2022 Gladiator yet.

Reactions: Erik Latranyi

·
Super Moderator
38,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Reactions: Dodgeguy1961

·
Registered
904 Posts
This is why Ram need a true midsize truck that can compete with BOF Tacoma, Ranger and Canyon/Colorado.
I agree.

While I would be fine with the Gladiator, I don't need all that it can provide nor the lack of gas mileage. I want a small truck that can tow 6,000+ lbs. I don't want a full-size truck. I really want a new Dakota Crew Cab.

Jeep Gladiator4,000 - 7,650 lbs
Chevy Canyon/Colorado3,500 - 7,700 lbs
Ford Ranger3,500 lbs.
Toyota Tacoma3,500 - 6,800 lbs

·
Registered
14,836 Posts
Would the brain-trust in Auburn Hills allow Ram to compete with Jeep in the midsize pickup segment?

Who knows?

So far, I am not impressed by the decisions coming from this crew.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Would the brain-trust in Auburn Hills allow Ram to compete with Jeep in the midsize pickup segment?

Who knows?

So far, I am not impressed by the decisions coming from this crew.
It is obvious that they serve different markets. That's why they have the TRX models, off-road but not "off-road".

A Dakota TRX (or Rampage TRX) doesn't have to have a removable everything like the Gladiator and a million levels of traction control.The Rampage TRX™ could go Ford's route and put in a capable 4 cylinder with turbos, but somehow more towing capability. Maybe a Rampage TRXe™ could be the one with hybrid engine and 7,000 lbs of towing.

But, like you said, there haven't been a lot smart decisions coming from owners lately.

Reactions: Erik Latranyi
21 - 28 of 28 Posts