Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 296 Posts

·
Banned
4,087 Posts
Of course. A lot of cars for Dodge is coming which are green lit under FCA which means FCA platforms. It will be interesting. I can say as much.

So far Chrysler got nothing. Maybe that will change. Chrysler doesn't have a CEO. They said that Chrysler course will be selected by future CEO.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Of course. A lot of cars for Dodge is coming which are green lit under FCA which means FCA platforms. It will be interesting. I can say as much.

So far Chrysler got nothing. Maybe that will change. Chrysler doesn't have a CEO. They said that Chrysler course will be selected by future CEO.
Again, no showroom, don't be silly ...🤣

·
Jeepaholic
5,849 Posts
Sorry but nothing in the showrooms yet. Therefore why bother ? I'll believe it when I'll see it....
😋
We’ve heard that many times here about all the new vehicles coming for Dodge and Chrysler, and yet NONE have materialized. It’s still Charger, Challenger, Durango, 300 and Pacifica...as it has been for several years. Of course they’ve dropped Dart, 200, Journey and Caravan. Am I missing any?

I’m looking forward to seeing what does come, however I’m rather skeptical until they are closer to actually being produced, as are others here. I think that’s a rather prudent outlook from a business standpoint, as unless the rules of business have suddenly changed to the point where bills are paid by “what’s coming” vs what’s actually being produced?

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
We know when new vehicles are actually coming....we see mules and pre-production units out in the real world. The camo prevents us from getting too much detail, but we know something is afoot.

So far, all these mythical Dodge vehicles exist as electrons on the pages of Allpar. We have not seen a credible mule yet.

...and please spare us from the "they are hidden" nonsense. So far, not one new product from FCA has been hidden until reveal. We always saw mules on the road.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Compass
375 Posts
I mean, they're more then half way there to do that. Most models either have a hybrid variant sold here, or elsewhere. Other's have a year or so wait, by the looks of it.
The ones that don't have a variant probably will just get them next update, which will make for one heck of a 2023.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Should coincide debut with the new Dakota. Why people put such faith in these announcements is beyond me.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Compass
375 Posts

·
Banned
4,087 Posts
Anyone actually listened Tavares today? They made no plans for any brands for platforms sharing.

And they made no plans and they didn't start any federalization of PSA platforms.

·
Banned
4,087 Posts
We know when new vehicles are actually coming....we see mules and pre-production units out in the real world. The camo prevents us from getting too much detail, but we know something is afoot.

So far, all these mythical Dodge vehicles exist as electrons on the pages of Allpar. We have not seen a credible mule yet.

...and please spare us from the "they are hidden" nonsense. So far, not one new product from FCA has been hidden until reveal. We always saw mules on the road.
You know nothing. I can say as much.

So we have following situation. There will be no Stellantis US product on PSA platform before 2025 or there will be Stellantis US products before that date but they will be on FCA platforms.

·
Registered
13,448 Posts

So we have following situation. There will be no Stellantis US product on PSA platform before 2025 or there will be Stellantis US products before that date but they will be on FCA platforms.
You did not disprove my point. We see no mules.

That makes your words as worthless as all your previous "its coming soon" words over the past 10 years.

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
Reactions: James A and David S

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
This is what excited me:

• Attractive and fluid customer experiences
• Vehicles continuously up-to-date

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I haven't read too much about PHEV's, and this may have been discussed about in other threads, but an article I came across in a magazine, it happened to mention there are at least 4 different configurations for the plugs on electric vehicles.

One thing that all the automakers should have agreed upon from the very beginning was 1 plug configuration.

So when they install all these charging stations, all across the country, are all going to be vehicle-specific, in that you will have to find the charger that fits your vehicle?

Or, you will need adaptors that will allow you to connect to a charger that may have a different style connector than your car was built for?

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
I haven't read too much about PHEV's, and this may have been discussed about in other threads, but an article I came across in a magazine, it happened to mention there are at least 4 different configurations for the plugs on electric vehicles.

One thing that all the automakers should have agreed upon from the very beginning was 1 plug configuration.

So when they install all these charging stations, all across the country, are all going to be vehicle-specific, in that you will have to find the charger that fits your vehicle?

Or, you will need adaptors that will allow you to connect to a charger that may have a different style connector than your car was built for?
Yes, it shows how the technology is still in its infancy. Currently, adapters are required for many charging stations.

You would think that with governments pushing this technology so hard that they would help pave the way with harmonization of standards.

But that would make government useful.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts

I kinda thought that's what most have either said or figured out already. To say someone knows nothing is not accurate. You remind me of an insider that constantly ridiculed anyone that disagreed with him. He took his ego and went elsewhere, but turns out he was way wrong on most if not all future products which never materialized.

1 - 20 of 296 Posts