Allpar Forums banner

Global electrification offensive implies all new Chrysler and Dodge ranges by 2025.

39K views 295 replies 35 participants last post by  jerseyjoe 
#1 ·
#5 ·
We’ve heard that many times here about all the new vehicles coming for Dodge and Chrysler, and yet NONE have materialized. It’s still Charger, Challenger, Durango, 300 and Pacifica...as it has been for several years. Of course they’ve dropped Dart, 200, Journey and Caravan. Am I missing any?

I’m looking forward to seeing what does come, however I’m rather skeptical until they are closer to actually being produced, as are others here. I think that’s a rather prudent outlook from a business standpoint, as unless the rules of business have suddenly changed to the point where bills are paid by “what’s coming” vs what’s actually being produced?

#6 ·
We know when new vehicles are actually coming....we see mules and pre-production units out in the real world. The camo prevents us from getting too much detail, but we know something is afoot.

So far, all these mythical Dodge vehicles exist as electrons on the pages of Allpar. We have not seen a credible mule yet.

...and please spare us from the "they are hidden" nonsense. So far, not one new product from FCA has been hidden until reveal. We always saw mules on the road.

#8 ·
I mean, they're more then half way there to do that. Most models either have a hybrid variant sold here, or elsewhere. Other's have a year or so wait, by the looks of it.
The ones that don't have a variant probably will just get them next update, which will make for one heck of a 2023.

#11 ·
#16 ·
I never mentioned Chrysler, thank you.

Reactions: James A and David S
#17 ·
This is what excited me:

• Attractive and fluid customer experiences
• Vehicles continuously up-to-date

#18 ·
I haven't read too much about PHEV's, and this may have been discussed about in other threads, but an article I came across in a magazine, it happened to mention there are at least 4 different configurations for the plugs on electric vehicles.

One thing that all the automakers should have agreed upon from the very beginning was 1 plug configuration.

So when they install all these charging stations, all across the country, are all going to be vehicle-specific, in that you will have to find the charger that fits your vehicle?

Or, you will need adaptors that will allow you to connect to a charger that may have a different style connector than your car was built for?

#19 ·
I haven't read too much about PHEV's, and this may have been discussed about in other threads, but an article I came across in a magazine, it happened to mention there are at least 4 different configurations for the plugs on electric vehicles.

One thing that all the automakers should have agreed upon from the very beginning was 1 plug configuration.

So when they install all these charging stations, all across the country, are all going to be vehicle-specific, in that you will have to find the charger that fits your vehicle?

Or, you will need adaptors that will allow you to connect to a charger that may have a different style connector than your car was built for?
Yes, it shows how the technology is still in its infancy. Currently, adapters are required for many charging stations.

You would think that with governments pushing this technology so hard that they would help pave the way with harmonization of standards.

But that would make government useful.

#24 ·
Your book is filled with personal attacks, and I don't think that casts you in a positive light. If you disagree with me or anyone else, don't hide behind your "perceived" knowledge that somehow we are supposed to take as gospel. You leave yourself, respectfully, wide open for a future I told you so moment, if you happen to be wrong. Given the current merger environment, only eminent products are sure things. Everything else in the future is in a fluid state, dependent on things that could change in a moment's notice.

#27 ·
I have seen a lot of conversation about electric/recharge cars, but little conversation about cost per charge. So today I set out to ask Google/Bing/DuckDuckGo about the cost.

Not sure I know more than before.

There are several examples online about how many miles you drive in a month against electricity cost per KW used. The problem I saw as a layman against all assumptions the KW ($ .22 cost) was the critical factor. All examples I saw said/assumed we would pay the same rate as your home for charging. Call me crazy but I can't see my provider (Dominion) charging the same rate for charging stations as residential rates.

I did find a charging station about 10 miles from my house, a free standing one. The charge is $5.95 + $0.20 a minute.Don't know how to calculate the time element.

Any help or thoughts?

#28 · (Edited)

You can find yearly estimated fuel costs on fueleconomy.gov:

Hit the personalize button to change fuel / electricity cost, yearly mileage and city/highway mix.

#62 ·
At least PSA has D segment cars that sell well.

Fiat, Lancia and Maserati have none, Alfa sold fewer vehicles in Europe than one Lancia.

EMP2 and 1.6T Prince could cover 60% of the US market.

eVMP is irrelevant for the US market. The growth here is for MHEV, HEV and PHEV, that means EMP2 v3 is important. BEV is for markets where it is mandated and heavily subsidized, which won't be the US outside of California.

#44 ·
@StellD
That's right. Giorgio wasn't the only Italian platform in FCA world.

@Erik Latranyi
I'm criticizing PSA mechanical impoverishment and I had explained it many times. Impoverishment in comparison to FCA.
I want product with high mechanical content. I don't hide it.
We know what PSA platforms can offer. It's not a secret. They may be cheap and they have production scale in Europe. But they are not good for Jeep or premium brands or even if you want efficient use of interior space.

Insulting people? I'm not doing it but I will say when someone doesn't know what is going behind the scene in terms of development. And they are doing a lot for Dodge.
At least I'm not xenophobic.

#72 ·
@StellD
That's right. Giorgio wasn't the only Italian platform in FCA world.

@Erik Latranyi
I'm criticizing PSA mechanical impoverishment and I had explained it many times. Impoverishment in comparison to FCA.
I want product with high mechanical content. I don't hide it.
We know what PSA platforms can offer. It's not a secret. They may be cheap and they have production scale in Europe. But they are not good for Jeep or premium brands or even if you want efficient use of interior space.

Insulting people? I'm not doing it but I will say when someone doesn't know what is going behind the scene in terms of development. And they are doing a lot for Dodge.
At least I'm not xenophobic.
You insulted me, and I'm far from xenophobic. I want this merger to work for everyone's good. You could word your comments more like this, "I've got a bit of info that points to Dodge or Chrysler getting something new. Not 100% certain, but it's encouraging."

#48 ·
FCA is a failure at selling B-C in EU.
FCA is a failure at selling in D-E outside EU (they tried and failed in North America)

We welcome Stellantis taking a turn.

#50 ·
FCA is a failure at selling B-C in EU.
FCA is a failure at selling in D-E outside EU (they tried and failed in North America)

We welcome Stellantis taking a turn.
Haha...

FCA is also Jeep, Dodge, RAM and they are not a failure in B-C-D-E seg worldwide.

FCA is selling good in all segments, all around the world, A-B-C-D-E segments...
they don’t sell well in F segment.

The best selling products worldwide from Stellantis in all segments in 2020 are all from FCA...

#53 ·
If anyone's new to Allpar and see's this: just know: this is Allpar.
Also: I think people still forget how much money it takes to make a car.
It's funny that the money related to problems is talked about, but then money for new product is never, but you can definitely tell 14 brand new cars for 2 US brands are on their way by 2023....

#54 ·
What I'd like to see is a person running the company that has all their interests from each region ran as ONE entity. That never happened under FCA and DaimlerChrysler before it. It can be done, but Tavares needs to really be in charge and have people in top positions around the world that he can trust. Given the past, that's a very very tall order, but it needs done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.