Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Moderator/Lead Reporter - Motorsports News Section
Joined
·
10,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1



Global Rally Cross & Team Dodge is back in action this week to start the American tour of the series, as Team Pastrana heads back to the track where he & Team Dodge scored their first ever victory last year.

Also will we see the grand debut of a new manufacturer in Global Rally Cross starting this week? The only way to find out who the new manufacturer is & who will be driving is to come to the motorsports news section & check it out!


http://www.allpar.com/forums/topic/150799-global-rally-cross-the-2013-sylvania-zxe-at-louden-new-hampshire/



Also we will have more coverage of NASCAR Canadian Tire Series as the Dodge teams head to British Columbia for the A&W 300 at the Motoplex & Event Park.

Stay tuned to the Allpar Motorsports News Section for all the latest racing updates coming out SRT Motorsports & Team Dodge! We do have you covered!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,120 Posts
I have to give the Allpar.com Mo'sports team props. You all have really stepped up your game, and it really shined for the LeMans weekend.


Keep it up.
 

·
Moderator/Lead Reporter - Motorsports News Section
Joined
·
10,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Muther said:
I have to give the Allpar.com Mo'sports team props. You all have really stepped up your game, and it really shined for the LeMans weekend.


Keep it up.
Imagine if we had more reporters to help us out??? We can't do it all alone among 3 full time reporters 4 part time reporters! We really need the help!
 

·
Moderator/Lead Reporter - Motorsports News Section
Joined
·
10,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you can't appreciate the Dodge Dart or Chrysler participating the Dodge brand in Global Rally-Cross, maybe we should give you a reminder of why Chrysler & Team SRT Motorsports created a team to compete in this series to begin with in the 1st place since Travis Pastrana is the defending champion of this event!




Dodge & Chrysler is here to stay in Global Rally Cross, It's time for all Chrysler fans to get used to that fact!

Even General Motors is getting into the series this year with the Chevrolet Sonic!

It tells you that this is the fastest growing motorsport & youth action sport in the country right now!

Sure, Dodge has not had much success so far in terms off race wins but please don't judge them now & allow them to give it some time & more effort. Dodge has only have been involved only one year & the curve of success & improvements will change.The company needs your support to help them get to the finish line! You can help by supporting our threads & monitoring the racing action. The picture above should be more than enough to give you some hope & a sense of encouragement that more wins are on the horizion!
 

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
Joined
·
7,995 Posts
yeah; the lil fiestas are apparently ahead of the game.. any time the Darts gain advantage they lose it either by being hit by another vehicle or they redlight the race & restart.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,120 Posts
Ford has been doing rally since before Ford was Ford. They know Rally, and having so many doesn't hurt either. Plus Tanner Foust, and Kenny Block aren't exactly slow either.
 

·
Moderator/Lead Reporter - Motorsports News Section
Joined
·
10,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
suzq044 said:
yeah; the lil fiestas are apparently ahead of the game.. any time the Darts gain advantage they lose it either by being hit by another vehicle or they redlight the race & restart.
That's part of the racing action, but our drivers are not afraid to hit anyone for a payback!
Muther said:
Ford has been doing rally since before Ford was Ford. They know Rally, and having so many doesn't hurt either. Plus Tanner Foust, and Kenny Block aren't exactly slow either.
I don't care what others think, Tanner drives dirty when he gets his chance & gets away with it! Look at the 1st race in Spain again if you don't agree!
 

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
Joined
·
7,995 Posts
I just wrap it into his insane competitiveness. There's quite a difference in personality between Foust & Pastrana.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,688 Posts
Our Russian one-race substitute seemed to do a credible job last race. He seemed to put his car in the most competitive spot possible. Don't recall any of his moves being unsportsmanlike, nor particularly damaging to his team/cars.

He might be a keeper ( sorry, I already forgot his name ).

Also, Dart size might be a wee-bit of a handicap against these other models. I'm sure there are some benefits to the footprint, but it seems the other Hatch config, smaller footprint cars just give the impression of being a smidge more nimble - which is needed in this series.
 

·
Moderator/Lead Reporter - Motorsports News Section
Joined
·
10,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
JavelinAMX said:
Our Russian one-race substitute seemed to do a credible job last race. He seemed to put his car in the most competitive spot possible. Don't recall any of his moves being unsportsmanlike, nor particularly damaging to his team/cars.

He might be a keeper ( sorry, I already forgot his name ).

Also, Dart size might be a wee-bit of a handicap against these other models. I'm sure there are some benefits to the footprint, but it seems the other Hatch config, smaller footprint cars just give the impression of being a smidge more nimble - which is needed in this series.
Here is some food for thought, IF the Dart were to eventually come in a Hatchback style as reported this week, this might become the advantage against Ford, that Chrysler might be seeking to move toward. Put to the fact that GM may be entering the race with the Chevrolet Sonic this week, this could help GM get of the ground faster than Chrysler to compete against Ford for wins on the track.

Time will tell.
 

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
Joined
·
7,995 Posts
We'll see. As far as the dude who subbed for travis last race; he actually did a pretty good job. Every time he was racing, he was in the front of the pack; until, as i mentioned before, red light restart & then he was hit at some point, I think.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,688 Posts
suzq044 said:
We'll see. As far as the dude who subbed for travis last race; he actually did a pretty good job. Every time he was racing, he was in the front of the pack; until, as i mentioned before, red light restart & then he was hit at some point, I think.
I agree. He did what a good driver is supposed to do. He tried to 'legally' block into a turn, but with more than one to block that leaves others open to attempt a pass. I believe he got tagged right before the apex of the turn. That put him behind two cars with no momentum.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,688 Posts
moparbob said:
Here is some food for thought, IF the Dart were to eventually come in a Hatchback style as reported this week, this might become the advantage against Ford, that Chrysler might be seeking to move toward. Put to the fact that GM may be entering the race with the Chevrolet Sonic this week, this could help GM get of the ground faster than Chrysler to compete against Ford for wins on the track.

Time will tell.
A Dart Hatch will be interesting. It will give Dart another shot at putting a better spin on the Model .
 

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
Joined
·
7,995 Posts
needs to be a square-back though; not a fast-back style; give the rear seat a lil more headroom. :)
 

·
Moderator/Lead Reporter - Motorsports News Section
Joined
·
10,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A look at a post I made announcing GM entry into GRC this year.

Plus I am spying on the Sonic Owners forum website, it looks as though there are a LOT of GRC fans that don't have this information!



I knew it was only a matter of time but Chevrolet is getting in GRC as well in 2013!

From http://erc24.com/arc...0678#more-10678

Connecticut based Briton Mark Williams and driver Patrick Moro from Ohio have partnered to pool resources and expertize to run a team with at least two Chevrolet Sonic RS (in Europe known as Chevrolet Aveo RS) SuperCars in the 2013 Global RallyCross Championship and Global X Games series.

The second driver beside Patrick Moro will be announced at a later date. Williams: “Pat is in one seat and the other is TBA. We may even run a third Chevrolet Sonic RS car from X Games [Los Angeles] on. Pat is a very good driver – the Subaru’s didn’t do him justice and he will surprise a few in the right car.”

Patrick Moro jumps from Subaru to Chevrolet in 2013!





suzq044 said:
We'll see. As far as the dude who subbed for travis last race; he actually did a pretty good job. Every time he was racing, he was in the front of the pack; until, as i mentioned before, red light restart & then he was hit at some point, I think.
Timur Timerzyanov was the driver in Travis Pastrana's car in Munich Germany!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,120 Posts
Timur is fast and clean; he is the Euro Rallicross champ, and getting him was like having Joe Montana sub for John Elway. Rallicross is a rough, rough game. It is full contact in every race, and lots of contact is forgiven (Tanner Foust is on the dirties side of things I'll I agree 100%). I am not sure how a hatch would help, other than possibly allowing the driver to be placed a bit further rearward. The hatches tend to fly a tad better, but a properly weighted sedan can do the same thing.

I think the real issue is that all the teams are going up against Ford. Team Ford Rally is a juggernaut, a well run, well funded juggernaut. Winning is about adapting. Money is not always the solution. Look at Honda and Toyota in F1, they rolled in train cars full of money, and still couldn't beat the Euro's. I don't know why we aren't winning other than this is a new team, a new car, and a new racing house. Lot's to learn, and they have to do it against a team that has a century of continuous experience in rally. That is not even mentioning the Scoobies (Subaru's), and the others. Chevy can suck eggs. I am not worried, about them.

Travis is a multi time champ in Rally. He is a mullet time Motocross champ. He is a competitor to the end, and we are lucky to have gotten him. He will figure this out, and we will be seeing podiums, and Ford will be the ones saying WTF! (What the Frac for you Eureka fans).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,747 Posts
suzq044 said:
needs to be a square-back though; not a fast-back style; give the rear seat a lil more headroom. :)
Agreed!
 

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
Joined
·
7,995 Posts
Muther said:
Timur is fast and clean; he is the Euro Rallicross champ, and getting him was like having Joe Montana sub for John Elway. Rallicross is a rough, rough game. It is full contact in every race, and lots of contact is forgiven (Tanner Foust is on the dirties side of things I'll I agree 100%). I am not sure how a hatch would help, other than possibly allowing the driver to be placed a bit further rearward. The hatches tend to fly a tad better, but a properly weighted sedan can do the same thing.

I think the real issue is that all the teams are going up against Ford. Team Ford Rally is a juggernaut, a well run, well funded juggernaut. Winning is about adapting. Money is not always the solution. Look at Honda and Toyota in F1, they rolled in train cars full of money, and still couldn't beat the Euro's. I don't know why we aren't winning other than this is a new team, a new car, and a new racing house. Lot's to learn, and they have to do it against a team that has a century of continuous experience in rally. That is not even mentioning the Scoobies (Subaru's), and the others. Chevy can suck eggs. I am not worried, about them.

Travis is a multi time champ in Rally. He is a mullet time Motocross champ. He is a competitor to the end, and we are lucky to have gotten him. He will figure this out, and we will be seeing podiums, and Ford will be the ones saying WTF! (What the Frac for you Eureka fans).
I don't think he can sit much further back as it is; they're behind the b-pillar as it is, at this point. lol

.. I like the mullet-time Motorcross champ line though. xD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,120 Posts
suzq044 said:
I don't think he can sit much further back as it is; they're behind the b-pillar as it is, at this point. lol

.. I like the mullet-time Motorcross champ line though. xD
Mullet Time. Stupid autocorrect.
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Top