Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Moderator/Lead Reporter - Motorsports News Section
10,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This week, Global Rally Cross, Team Dodge, & Team Pastrana Racing begins the American part of the 2013 Global Rally Cross schedule & also joins two NASCAR companion events for the next two races which start at Louden, New Hampshire this week Thursday July 11th for The Sylvania Silverstar zXe!

Last year, Travis Pastrana scored the victory here at this track for Team Pastrana Racing & Team Dodge. This was Dodge's 1st ever win in Global Rally Cross competition. Can Team Dodge & Travis Pastrana do it again, or will teammate # 99 Bryce Menzies break out of the LCQ slump & get to his 1st final this year.

We will have all the coverage of this race from Team Pastrana Racing & Team Dodge through their Twitter & Instagram channels & also through the main website, driveSRT.com

Plus as we reported earlier this year, a NEW Manufacturer may enter Global Rally Cross starting this week! Will we see the debut of General Motors as they enter the series with the Chevrolet Sonic?? That report is coming when we reveal the Official Driver Entry List.

This will be a very interesting 48 hours coming ahead, don't miss the full coverage here on Allpar.com!

·
10,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The LIVE broadcast of this race will only be available via webstream on ESPN 3.com on Thursday.

If you have an X-Box system, you can also tune into this race as well.

ESPN will re-air the race on Saturday July 13th at 6:30 CST - 7:30 EDT

**ESPN Broadcast schedule & planning can change without notice.

·
10,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Action & setup has already begun in Louden!

You will need Instagram to see the video from Team Manager - Blair Stopnik

They even show another shot of the engine the Darts use.

Instagram address - @Stopnik

http://instagram.com/p/bhFE99yVcq/

If there is anyone who can copy & paste the video to here, it would be appreciated as I don't know how to do this.

Blair Stopnik@stopnik
46m
The rain seems to be following us this year. But the work continues. @redbullig @dodge @globalrallyxhttp://instagram.com/p/bhFE99yVcq/

NH Motor Speedway@NHMS1h
More speed, more dirt, more air! Don't miss your chance to get @GlobalRallyX Championship tickets! http://www.ticketmaster.com/Global-Rallycross-tickets/artist/1888715

·
10,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tech Fact:

Though not announced officially, Cooper Tire is the brand of tire ALL the teams use in Global Rally Cross! There are SEVEN different compuonds that the teams have to choose from.

·
10,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let's re-look at the Manufacturer's we have seen & will see in 2013, plus a follow up on an earlier post I made back on March 27th & 28th 2013 regarding GM entering Global Rally Cross.

Let's review the manufacturers that are in Global Rally Cross. Data compiled from past races & new entries this year.

(please correct me if I have the model mistaken?)

Ford - Fiesta ST - Mark 7

Chevrolet - Sonic ST (Called Aveo in Europe) (was supposed to race full season, but now will only race in U.S. events)

Dodge - Dart

Hyundai - Veloster (did not race in Germany)

Saab - 9-3 (did not race in last two events??)

Subaru - Impreza WRX STI

Mitsubishi - Lancer (now official)

Volkswagen - Polo

Citreon - C4 (WRC model) & DS3 (Did not race in Germany & will not race in in the U.S.)

Peugeot - 207 (now official) (has only raced in Brazil)

I knew it was only a matter of time but Chevrolet is getting in GRC as well in 2013!

From http://erc24.com/arc...0678#more-10678

Connecticut based Briton Mark Williams and driver Patrick Moro from Ohio have partnered to pool resources and expertize to run a team with at least two Chevrolet Sonic RS (in Europe known as Chevrolet Aveo RS) SuperCars in the 2013 Global RallyCross Championship and Global X Games series.

The second driver beside Patrick Moro will be announced at a later date. Williams: “Pat is in one seat and the other is TBA. We may even run a third Chevrolet Sonic RS car from X Games [Los Angeles] on. Pat is a very good driver – the Subaru’s didn’t do him justice and he will surprise a few in the right car.”

Patrick Moro jumps from Subaru to Chevrolet in 2013!

Also in this article it DOES mention Mark Williams & Patrick Moro are looking at compliling THREE teams for the X-Games in Los Angeles which would leave Dodge outnumbered & allow GM to take on the Ford Armada more solidly with the right drivers in the cars!

·
10,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Driver Standings going into Thursday

Position - Car # - Driver - Team - Points - Manufacturer

1 57 Toomas Heikkinen OlsbergsMSE 55 (Ford)

2 33 Liam Doran LD Motorsports 43 (Citeron)

3 34 Tanner Foust OlsbergsMSE 37 (Ford)

4 77 Scott Speed OMSE2 32 (Ford)

5 38 Brian Deegan OlsbergsMSE 32 (Ford)

6 32 Steve Arpin OMSE2 31 (Ford)

7 18 Patrik Sandell OlsbergsMSE 29 (Ford)

8 43 Ken Block Hoonigan Racing Division 26 (Ford)

9 92 Anton Marklund Marklund Motorsport 26 (Volkswagen)

10 29 Mattias Ekstrom Marklund Motorsport 26 (VolKswagen)

11 7 Townsend Bell OMSE2 16 (Ford)

12 12 Guilherme Spinelli X Team Racing 14 (Mitsubishi)

13 199 Timur Timerzyanov Pastrana Racing 13 (Dodge)

14 199 Travis Pastrana Pastrana Racing 10 (Dodge)

15 11 Sverre Isachsen Subaru PUMA Rallycross 10 (Subaru)

16 81 Bucky Lasek Subaru PUMA Rallycross 10 (Subaru)

17 29 Buddy Rice Marklund Motorsport 7 (Volkswagen)

18 40 Dave Mirra Subaru PUMA Rallycross 6 (Subaru)

19 12 Nelson Piquet Jr. X Team Racing 6 (Mitsubishi)

20 13 Mauricio Neves XRC Team Brasil 5 (Peugeot)

21 99 Bryce Menzies Pastrana Racing 4 (Dodge)

22 12 Edu Marques XRC Team Brasil 3 (Peugeot)

23 04 Nani Roma All 4 Racing 0

24 303 Carlos Sainz Marklund Motorsport 0 (Volkswagen)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any luck on getting that video? Theres a program called wondershare for downloading video off the internet if you want to look into. I just can't do it right now from work

·
10,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Chris.Grimm said:
Any luck on getting that video? Theres a program called wondershare for downloading video off the internet if you want to look into. I just can't do it right now from work
No luck yet, but if you can help, that would be great.

BTW, after a few posts, please take some time to sign in at the top of the Motorsports News Section & introduce yourself. Thank you.

·
10,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hot off the presses - here are the 13 Drivers that will be in this race on Thursday!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

A strange turn of events as it looks like the Chevrolet Sonic will NOT debut in New Hampshire?? Will keep you posted on any additions or driver changes

·
10,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SRT Motorsports, Team Dodge & Team Pastrana Racing Press Release

Quotes from the drivers:

# 199 Travis Pastrana:

“New Hampshire was a really fun course last year and I’m looking forward to getting back in my Dodge Dart. It was torture not being able to compete in the GRC doubleheader last week but being able to race the GRC and NASCAR Nationwide series this week feels like an even better double. The fact that we won the GRC race here last year in the Dodge Dart and we’re able to test the Nationwide Series car on this track last month gives me high expectations going into this week’s events.”

# 99 Bryce Menzies:

HOW MUCH DIFFERENT IS THE COURSE LAYOUT AT NEW HAMPSHIRE GOING TO BE VERSUS THE OTHER COURSES YOU’VE BEEN TO THIS SEASON?

“I haven’t seen the course layout but I think it’s going to be different from what we’ve had so far in Brazil and Germany. It’s a real small, tight course. I think going to an oval track, we’re going to have a lot of tarmac. I know they’re going to bring in some dirt. We have a little bit bigger car so I think it’s going to help with the tarmac courses with long, sweeping turns.”

WHAT AFFECT WILL MORE PAVEMENT HAVE ON DRIVING THE CAR AND THE CAR ITSELF? ARE YOU GOING TO HAVE TO PUT A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SETUP UNDER THE CAR TO RUN WELL AND HAVE A CHANCE TO WIN?

“We change some things from track to track. Going to a track with more tarmac, we’ll have to change some things – shock setup to make the car turn a little better and maybe change front diff (differential) and rear diff to get more traction compared to the dirt setup where there’s a lot of slipping and sliding. I think it’s important that we adjust quickly, find the right setup and get ready for the heat races and be a top contender in the race.”

YOU RAN WELL AT MUNICH BUT HAD MISFORTUNE; HAS IT BEEN DIFFICULT TO KEEP A POSITIVE ATTITUDE AND KEEP PUSHING FORWARD?

“When you’re struggling to make it to the mains (Main Events), you always get frustrated. When we look back at it, I mean in Germany, we had a really strong car. The Dodge Dart was unbelievably quick and in our heat race, we showed that. We led most of the race but had a really small problem with the windshield wipers that put us out. We had more dumb luck in the LCQ. It’s just really good to see that we can run with these guys, we can be a top contender and we have the speed. We just need to put it all together and make it happen now. I think you always get down a little bit on yourself when things aren’t going the way you think they should but when you look at the big picture, we’re doing really well. This is my first full season. We’re making a lot of changes to make the car better. The rest of the season, I think throughout the rest of the season you’re going to see us getting in the main and hopefully get some podiums out of this thing.”

HOW IMPORTANT IS IT TO HAVE A GOOD RUN AT NEW HAMPSHIRE? WOULD THAT BE A HUGE DIFFERENCE MAKER FOR THIS NEXT STRETCH OF RACES?

“Definitely. Anytime you get on the podium or make it to the main, it’s great for confidence alone – for me the driver and also for the team. I’m really looking forward to New Hampshire. Travis won there last year so we know what it takes to win there. I know the course is going to be great and the guys have worked really hard to get the cars put back together after Munich. We need a strong weekend.”

HOW IMPORTANT IS IT TO GET THE WEEKEND STARTED OFF WELL FROM THE FIRST PRACTICE SESSION?

“It’s very important to have get a good start in practice. We have only one practice session and then we go into the heat races. It’s crucial to have a strong car right away. You need to be comfortable right away, get in the groove and get going. In these races, a lot of it is how you qualify and the start of the heat race.”

SRT Motorsports Racing Manager - Gary Johnson

“The cars showed a lot of promise in the last race in Munich and I think we’ll have a great weekend in New Hampshire. Global Rallycross is a tough sport with a lot of contact. It’s important to avoid running into people or vice versa. Hopefully we can get through the weekend without the kind of issues we had in Munich where the contact was bad enough that it didn’t allow us to finish the race.”

THE COURSE AT NEW HAMPSHIRE HAS A LOT OF PAVEMENT. WHAT KIND OF CHALLENGE DOES THAT POSE TO FINDING THE RIGHT SETUP ON THE CAR?

“It’s certainly a challenge to find the correct setup. The New Hampshire course will be very similar to Munich which had a lot of tarmac, maybe half of it. I think we’ll have a good setup for both cars.”

HAS IT BEEN ENCOURAGING THAT BOTH CARS HAVE SHOWN SPEED THIS SEASON?

“The car seems to launch really well on tarmac. Now the focus is on fine-tuning the car for cornering on the dirt and the jumps. We need to be competitive in those areas of the course.”

·
10,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TECH FACT

Just found out from Blair Stopnik that the Dodge Dart GRC engine builder is Mountune from the UK in Hutton, Essex England!

http://www.mountune.com/

Here is what & who Mountune builds engines for??

2013 Programs
• Ongoing development and build of Ford Motor Company LTD's Global Race Engine - used by Ford China (FRD) in CTCC

• BTCC - Engine development and builds for Motorbase Ford Focus
• ERC, GRC and X Games - Engine design, development and builds for Olsbergs MSE Ford Fiesta

• GRC, X Games - Engine design, development and builds for Chrysler/Dodge Motorsports
• Super Car Lite (GP2) - Engine development and builds for Olsbergs MSE Super Car Lite for Global-Rallycross

This means our Dodge engines are build side by side along with Ford engines!

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,995 Posts
Here's a question; will it be the same set up as last year? with the raised hairpin, etc.

·
10,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
suzq044 said:
Here's a question; will it be the same set up as last year? with the raised hairpin, etc.
I do not have an illustration of the track or what it looks like yet, I should know more on Thursday

·
10,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
moparbob said:
TECH FACT

Just found out from Blair Stopnik that the Dodge Dart GRC engine builder is Mountune from the UK in Hutton, Essex England!

http://www.mountune.com/

Here is what & who Mountune builds engines for??

2013 Programs
• Ongoing development and build of Ford Motor Company LTD's Global Race Engine - used by Ford China (FRD) in CTCC

• BTCC - Engine development and builds for Motorbase Ford Focus
• ERC, GRC and X Games - Engine design, development and builds for Olsbergs MSE Ford Fiesta

• GRC, X Games - Engine design, development and builds for Chrysler/Dodge Motorsports
• Super Car Lite (GP2) - Engine development and builds for Olsbergs MSE Super Car Lite for Global-Rallycross

This means our Dodge engines are build side by side along with Ford engines!

Mountune have developed 4-cylinder turbo engines with specific characteristics optimised for use in rallycross.

Already proven in the Olsberg MSE-built Ford Fiesta's competing in both the ERC (European Rallycross Championship) and GRC (Global Rallycross Championship), our engine's also powered their drivers to all three places on the 2011 X Games podium.

Performance of this engine is rated at 600bhp, with 830Nm being developed.

In addition, Mountune have also been entrusted to design, develop and build bespoke engines for the Chrysler Dodge motorsport team and their Dodge Dart - driven in 2012 by Travis Pastrana.

Please contact us for any specific engine requirements.

Prospect Way

Hutton
Essex

CM13 1XA

England

t. +44 (0)1277 226666
f. +44 (0)1277 261525

·
10,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Race day in New Hampshire!

Currently there is a down pour in New Hampshire, but they will race rain or shine today unless visibility or the course becomes too dangerous for them to race on.

Several Tweets have been made & also Bryce Menzies has a video on Instagram showing the current conditions in New Hampshire.

Here is what we have:

Bryce Menzies@BryceMenzies729m
Just got done with qualifying looks like it's going to be a wet race here in New Hampshire for… http://instagram.com/p/bosm49MkB8/

Team Dodge Twitter:

Heavy rain again here @NHMS, this time near the end of @GlobalRallyX Seeding Heat 3. pic.twitter.com/dUVJPtvhHy

NH Motor Speedway@NHMS57m
Pit stop @GlobalRallyX style! pic.twitter.com/2LB3KMybbo

Global Rallycross@GlobalRallyX1h
Final seeding times, session one: Foust 46.092, Lasek 47.242, Mirra 48.286.

Global Rallycross@GlobalRallyX1h
More seeding times, session 2: Heikkinen 43.701 Isachsen 44.094 Piquet 46.376 Menzies 47.410.

Global Rallycross@GlobalRallyX38m
Seeding session three: Block 42.703 Deegan 44.404 Arpin 45.060. Rain has begun to pick up.

Global Rallycross@GlobalRallyX1m
Fastest lap times in the very wet session that just wrapped up:

Sandell 50.015, Pastrana 50.742, Speed 56.495. #

TeamDodge@TeamDodge56s
Results for Seeding Heat 4 - @TravisPastrana P2, just 0.727 seconds behind Patrick Sandell.

As of 2:07 PM CDT the rain has stopped & Seeding continues!

TeamDodge@TeamDodge
3m
Rain has stopped here @NHMS and officials are preparing the course for racing. @TravisPastrana is next up in this Seeding Heat.

Some more Tweets & Images from the track!

TeamDodge@TeamDodge
7m
Cars lined up for Seeding Heat 4 - and @TravisPastrana is on his way!

TeamDodge@TeamDodge5m
Fun to see @TravisPastrana attacking the sloppy conditions here @NHMS

Global Rallycross@GlobalRallyX8m
Finally, just before their seeding session, @scottspeed and @TravisPastrana shared a word with our staging crew:

suzq044 said:
Am now seeing they do have the raised hairpin turn, Also the track is bigger than last year on the the dirt part of the course!

Seeding/Qualifying Results - Also see times above!

Heat # 1

Tanner Foust

Buddy Lasek

Dave Mirra

Heat # 2

Toomas Heikkinen

Sverre Isachsen

Nelson Piquet

Bryce Menzies - Dodge

Heat # 3

Ken Block

Brian Deegan

Steve Arpin

Heat # 4

Patrik Sandell

Travis Pastrana - Dodge

Scott Speed

Drivers Times Fastest to Slowest

Ken Block 42.703 - Pole Sitter - Ford

Toomas Heikkinen 43.701 - Ford

Brian Deegan 44.404 - Ford

Sverre Isachsen 44.094

Steve Arpin 45.060 - Ford

Tanner Foust 46.092 - Ford

Buddy Lasek 47.242, - Subaru

Nelson Piquet Jr. 46.376 - Mitsubishi

Bryce Menzies 47.410. - Dodge

Dave Mirra 48.286. - Subaru

Patrik Sandell 50.015, -

Travis Pastrana 50.742, - Dodge

Scott Speed 56.495. - Ford

Qualifying order/Race Lineup (Set by qualifying speed in bracket form)

Global Rallycross@GlobalRallyX
9m
#GRC Supercars @NHMS Heat 1A: @kblock43 (1), @mmgeneral (4), @nelsonpiquet (7), @davemirra (10), @scottspeed (13).

Global Rallycross@GlobalRallyX9m
#GRC Supercars @NHMS Heat 1B: @heikkinen57 (2), @stevearpin (5), @buckylasek (8), @patriksandell (11).

Global Rallycross@GlobalRallyX9m

#GRC Supercars @NHMS Heat 1C: #SverreIsachsen (3), @tannerfoust (6), @brycemenzies7 (9), @travispastrana (12).

·
10,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Catch the LIVE race action on ESPN 3 today at 4:30 CDT-5:30 EDT.

For those of you who want to catch the re-airing of the race - This will be on Saturday July 13th at 6 PM CDT - 7:00PM EDT on ESPN

Allpar.com will bring you the LIVE results of this race! For those who do not wish to see the results, this is your spoiler alert! Do not look down past this post.

SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT!

·
10,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Race Results have been moved to Page # 2 on the thread!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts