Allpar Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1979 Lincoln Town Car, 1987 Chevrolet Silverado, 1990 Chrysler Imperial
2,249 Posts
"The letter, signed by David Strickland, GM's vice president of global regulatory affairs and transportation technology policy, also agreed to improve access to charging infrastructure for customers. That includes pre-paid charging cards, partnerships to build infrastructure and more, the letter said, especially in low-income communities. "

This is just unreal to me. Low income people which would include me can't afford these cars regardless of your pre paid cards nor many new cars to begin with.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Yes, and they're wrong.
I'm pretty sure no one here actually thinks this will happen overnight. Its just skepticism and asking questions which there is nothing wrong with that. All their EV initiative will mean nothing if PG&E can't or won't update the grid and replace their failing power lines. Some will say they will have to but that hasn't stopped them in the past from doing nothing to actually help the people they provide power for.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
PG&E is pretty bad. Utility deregulation in itself doesn't seem to have been a good idea. It created a whole new class of problems without actually saving much money.
Considering they supply 2/3's of the power to California I would say yes they are bad. We talked about this in another thread as well. I just see them getting worse IMO.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts