Allpar Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
38,060 Posts
Fleet managers will really push sales forward as the technology matures further down the model line. I expect my fleet Tradesman will be the first electric vehicle I’ll “own”.
Suspect you're right, and also suspect some places in California will get their own wind turbines (though they are $$$) or solar setups so they can charge vehicles, as long as the sun shines or the wind blows, regardless of the utility’s status.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
How many of those low income customers are buying new? Most people I know buy used.
I had this discussion with my sister, who is decidedly not low income, about buying used vehicles, which she does (especially the 2012 Ram that's the farm/horse trailer truck) and her only problem with buying used was to replace her T&C, she is leery of used because of disguised cigarette smoker damage, with all the chemicals and whatnot, that she doesn't want her youngsters exposed to. As for me, even after getting into the decidedly well-off, I never wanted to have a big monthly payment on something I wasn't going to keep long term, hence the one (so far) new car purchase, the 09 Challenger. It just doesn't make sense, unless you're buying something like a Hellcat that will likely have been abused if it has any serious mileage.
For those that worry their vehicles will no longer be supported, you can still buy new horse drawn carriages and have a wheelwright mend you wheels. as long as there is a market for a product, someone will be there to fulfill it
The antique and classic market is proof of this, and that's true in the auto and tractor world.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts