Allpar Forums banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
How about a new vehicle everyone could afford or aspire to instead of another limited volume $70000 truck .
No incentive to when FCA, Ford, GM, Toyota, Nissan have no problem selling millions of high profit high price tag vehicles. That's why all the news we here about on here usually involved Rams and Jeeps. That's where the sales and $$$ is.

Reactions: ScramFan

·
Super Moderator
36,920 Posts
The sales are there mainly because credit is relatively cheap and easy to get. I think higher interest rates or a tightening of the credit market will be the events that start a rationalization of prices. When that happens? Who knows?

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
No incentive to when FCA, Ford, GM, Toyota, Nissan have no problem selling millions of high profit high price tag vehicles. That's why all the news we here about on here usually involved Rams and Jeeps. That's where the sales and $$$ is.
I would add that until the recent discounts I am sure the Hellcats have made a lot of money, too. Don’t think they anticipated this kind of success. But when your neighbor in a Kia has 400hp then what’s a Dodge fan got to do? :)

·
Registered
499 Posts
How many will be the original build?

Start production date is?

Colors?

I'm sure Dave will set us all up with a sweet one.

·
Jeepaholic
5,571 Posts
Not exactly what I was hoping for, but then again I'm not exactly sure what I was HOPING to see. :p

This should be a formidable vehicle for sure, though an expensive one. Too much for my wallet, without my wife killing me anyway that is. lol.

How about building a Dakota version of this...now THAT I could probably swing and still stay married. :D

·
Registered
643 Posts
Not exactly what I was hoping for, but then again I'm not exactly sure what I was HOPING to see. :p

This should be a formidable vehicle for sure, though an expensive one. Too much for my wallet, without my wife killing me anyway that is. lol.

How about building a Dakota version of this...now THAT I could probably swing and still stay married. :D
I'm sure there will be Jeep Gladiator Hellcat conversions in the future...if that is possible.

·
Jeepaholic
5,571 Posts
I'm sure there will be Jeep Gladiator Hellcat conversions in the future...if that is possible.
Not sure I'd want a Hellcat in a Gladiator...but I would like a Gladiator. It just seems like they don't belong together to me...yeah, that's probably blasphemy to some, I know. But a Dakota with Ram styling...and the extra horsepower & torque...yeah, that'd be pretty sweet. Probably won't happen, but one can dream.

Still though, a regular Rebel (minus the TRX) is still on my list of vehicles to cross-shop in the next few years. I'm not a big full-size truck guy, but I think I would definitely take a look at a Rebel.

·
Registered
4,688 Posts

·
Registered
4,688 Posts

I can appreciate a decent truck.

But as for a strong forced-air-induction vehicle ...

I like the WRX and what was once the Evo. That sort of ride.

I tend to like the smaller power-plants with great HP and TQ numbers. It's simply a personal thing.

Obviously, then, I would be more pumped for one of those.

·
10,394 Posts
Reactions: Morty and Zagnut27

·
Registered
342 Posts
There's no such animal. There is Daylight (Savings) Time and there is Standard Time. Time zones in the US are either suffixed as Daylight Time or Standard Time (Eastern Daylight Time aka EDT, Eastern Standard Time - EST), depending on the time of the year and if DST is observed. In Europe, they refer to DST as "Summer Time" so you get British Summer Time - BST (vs GMT - Greenwich Mean Time), and Central European Summer Time (Germany, Italy, Poland, etc.) CEST vs CET (just plain "Central European Time"), etc.
Since Arizona doesn't do Daylight Savings time, we are on Mountain Standard time all year long. Or put another way, we're the same as the Pacific time zone for the Daylight Savings portion of the year. The whole thing is insane to me!

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
There is precedent to your request ( as you're likely aware; but back in the day ) :
Yes, I remember reading about those cars way back when. Mopar has a long history in off-road racing with drivers such as Walker Evans and Rod Hall. Their ads were ubiquitous in most of the auto performance publications for decades. I've posted some of them in the off-road racing thread in the historical motorsports section. Since trucks and Jeeps are now the company's top sellers, I can't understand their almost complete absence from major off-road racing events which are well publicized in automotive related media.

·
Registered
4,688 Posts
Yes, I remember reading about those cars way back when. Mopar has a long history in off-road racing with drivers such as Walker Evans and Rod Hall. Their ads were ubiquitous in most of the auto performance publications for decades. I've posted some of them in the off-road racing thread in the historical motorsports section. Since trucks and Jeeps are now the company's top sellers, I can't understand their almost complete absence from major off-road racing events which are well publicized in automotive related media.

I know it's not the same thing, but the stadium series back in '12 or '13 with the Dart doesn't count, yet that seemed to be the most press FCA brands have received for a non-NHRA, non-IMSA/American LeMans, non-Tarmac race series which included participation from Dodge or Chrysler.

MoparNorm's entries in King Of Hammers notwithstanding.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts

I know it's not the same thing, but the stadium series back in '12 or '13 with the Dart doesn't count, yet that seemed to be the most press FCA brands have received for a non-NHRA, non-IMSA/American LeMans, non-Tarmac race series which included participation from Dodge or Chrysler.

MoparNorm's entries in King Of Hammers notwithstanding.

Traxxis series with RAM was big back when ram was involved.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts