Allpar Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My last pair of OEM Mopar wiper blades finally wore out and the former Dodge dealer (who lost their franchise but can still buy Mopar through another dealer) recommended I try ANCO. He also said OEM are no longer available, ANCO are hard to find here, and sent me to Fisher Auto Parts. I knew where they were but I have never bought anything there.

Anyway, the guy at the counter suggested their Contour series # C-18-UB for my Acclaim. He even helped me put them on and they look great, seem well made, and fit like a glove. They don't come with the air dam some of us are familiar with and ANCO makes one called AeroVantage but not to fit my car.

These are pricey @ $15.95 each but they are sold individually which is a plus. These haven't been on long enough for the test of time but I'd appreciate if anyone has some long term experience with these.

Thanks in advance,

Musikmann

·
Registered
8,042 Posts
If you have a local Walmart, check there. I buy Anco's at mine all the time. I replace my wiper blades every 6 months. I like a good, clear windshield when I drive in the rain.

·
Registered
733 Posts
i tried those latitude ones at 15 each and like them. If you have snow they are great because snow can not get in the hinges and turn your curved wiper blade into a straight one.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback friends.

·
Virginia Gentleman
14,671 Posts
I second Chuzz. Most Walmarts carry ANCO as well as other brands.

I recently installed ANCO's on my Ram. Ended up with Michelins for the Journey as they didn't have any ANCO's that size in stock. Not impressed with the Michelins. Brand new and they chatter if there isn't sufficient mosture. I did have a fitment problem with the shorter ANCO 19" blade (passenger side) so I had to put the OEM back up. Must be a manufacturer problem - it would not snap in place as it should. The longer 24" Michelin (driver's side) installed fine but chatters when it's dry.

·
Registered
8,042 Posts
Hey Doug, sounds more like a defective clip to me. You should be able to swap the clip off the old one onto your newer one. Or, go by your local parts store. When I worked for both Autozone and Advance, I'd keep a the clips that weren't needed out of the packages for customers that wanted their wipers installed. That way, if someone had the problem you did, I'd dig through the box, find the appropriate clip and send them on their way.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I've had good luck with the Anco AeroVantage blades on my LeBaron convertibles. Somewhere along the line Chrysler switched from 18" blades to 19" blades on the same model. My 94 calls for 19" my 89 calls for 18" The windsheilds are identical. I found I liked the wiping on the 18" versions better so I'm using the 18" versions on my 94.
The Ancos look and fit nice as well. Rock Auto has been running a special on wiper blades. I just bought a bunch at under $ 5.00 each plus shipping.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All replies are appreciated. If I decide I like these I'll price them at Walmart.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ordered some suspension parts from Rock Auto and the wiper blade sale was still going on. I ordered (2) two of the Anco C-18-UB blades for $7.23 each. I proibably should have ordered a few more at that price but I need some more repair parts, probably from them, so will do that in a few days.

I was in Walmart today and forgot to look! :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts