Allpar Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I just purchased a new 200 today. My wife and I decided it was time to get rid of the Equinox that we kept having one problem after another with. I took a small hit on the trade, but I think it was worth it. I'm pretty tired after all of the waiting and negotiating today, so will post pictures sometime tomorrow. We test drove a Dart and another 200, but the leg room and color were really the deciding factors. The 200 has a scooch more leg room in the back seat and the head room is better too. Since we're a family of four, that played a key rold. I really liked the Dart and found it to be plenty zippy, but the 2.4 in the 200 was a little better and we had more features. And the Cherry Red was on sale and it was actually cheaper than the Dart with less features. Score! I won't miss the Equinox at all and the 31.2 mpg I got on the way home makes me miss the 23 mpg Chevy even less! Soooo, anyway, I'm back to a strictly Mopar driveway and intend on keeping it that way from now on. Here's a couple of pics. Many thanks to my daughter, Lindsay for posting them. She took about 30 seconds. It would have taken me ten to fifteen minutes. LOL

·
Super Moderator
31,978 Posts
Congratulations! My wife has had hers for a year, 11K miles now, loves it.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Your going to love it. My Avenger is a blast to drive and its very comfy too. I think it is way better then my SIL's 12 equinox.
Mick

·
Registered
8,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys, so far it's a hit with the whole family. And, as luck would have it, I have to take my wife to Nashville tomorrow for an MRI. The 170 mile round trip on I-40 should show me some better mileage readings. I didn't have it over 60 mph on the way home today except one time to get around a driver traveling 45 in a 55 zone. I did get on it a little bit and ran it up to 70 mph. Good thing the THP didn't see me, huh? My son said "Good riddance to that frigging Chevy". He hated that thing too.

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
Nice!

I think that color looks good on that body. Hopefully you'll get many happy years out of it.

·
Super Moderator
36,907 Posts
Nice choice and a beautiful color.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Your top doesn't look like it goes down :dunno:

·
Registered
8,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mrneuro said:
Your top doesn't look like it goes down :dunno:
You don't want to see me topless, man! LOL The trip to Nashville was achieved in comfort and style, along with a very happy owner. The round trip yielded 30.2 mpg. I've driven over 250 miles since the fillup at 63 miles and still have over a half a tank of gas left. Had I still been in the Chevy, it would be down to 1/4 tank by now and time to head to the gas station. According to the EVIC, I still have 253 miles of range before filling up. I'll probably run it to 1/4 tank and then fill it up. I think it has a 16.9 gallon tank, but am not quite certain. The fillup will let me know.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
chuzz said:
You don't want to see me topless, man! LOL The trip to Nashville was achieved in comfort and style, along with a very happy owner. The round trip yielded 30.2 mpg. I've driven over 250 miles since the fillup at 63 miles and still have over a half a tank of gas left. Had I still been in the Chevy, it would be down to 1/4 tank by now and time to head to the gas station. According to the EVIC, I still have 253 miles of range before filling up. I'll probably run it to 1/4 tank and then fill it up. I think it has a 16.9 gallon tank, but am not quite certain. The fillup will let me know.
I think my buddy has an 13 Avenger 2.4l with a 18 gal tank. My gauge isn't very accurate I have a 16.9 gal tank and at half a tank it takes no less then 10 gallons. My wife's van isn't that accurate either. I am glad you can go to town is style. Are you still moving to TX? If so maybe we can meet up and snap some pics of the twins next to each other.
Mick

·
Registered
8,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Texas plans have been put on infinite hold. My wife is having a LOT of health issues at the moment and we need to get her fixed up first. No telling how long that's going to take. Besides needing another back surgery, something is amiss with one of her feet right now too. She can't seem to catch a break. The dealership had a gorgeous bright red Avenger R/T on the showroom floor. Man, I just couldn't keep my eyes off it. They also had a white hemi Challenger just outside the showroom window. It had the gray stripes on the hood. It was very nice too! I filled the 200 up a little while ago. It was sitting just below 1/2 tank and took 10.7 gallons, so I'm not too sure how accurate the fuel gauge actually is. Doesn't matter, I'm very happy with being able to go about 500 miles before having to fill up. I generally don't like to let one of my vehicles get under 1/4 tank of fuel. I want my fuel pumps to last as long as the vehicle does.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I like the pissed off look of the avenger more then the fancy look of the 200. But that's just opinion and those have a habit of being different. I am willing to bet if you drove the 3.6 you would still be looking at that bright red R/T. LOL
Well if I am ever near Nashville I'll have to stop and say hi.
Mick

·
Registered
8,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That'll work, Mick. I'm about 85 miles west of Nashville. I'm between Nashville and Memphis with Nashville being about 50 miles closer.

·
Registered
8,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got a call around 1:00 am this morning from the assisted living facility where my mother lives. They sent her to the local ER as she was complaining of stomach and chest pain. The local ER doc sent her to Nashville. They suspect either pancreatitis or a leaking bile duct. My mother is 100 years old. I had to go to Nashville to take care of paperwork and insurance information and took the 200. I used the auto stick feature on the way home and really liked it. Round trip, gas mileage average was 31.7mpg. Just did use barely 1/4 tank. In the Equinox, mileage would have been about 22.4 and 1/2 tank. I think I made the right choice and will likely start using the auto stick more often.

·
Enjoying the ride.
2,164 Posts
Really nice. I think the 200/Avenger are some of the best bargains going right now. If I was able to swing the payment on a new car (or any car for that matter), I'd jump at an Avenger SE V6. A local dealer has several in stock and I am sure I could grab one for less than $18K for a new one. I've seen several used ones 2011/2012 for less than $17K.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Great choice! Love the color, though I am biased just a bit!!

·
Enjoying the ride.
2,164 Posts
Maybe if the funding comes together for the dp, I might be leasing a 2013 200 limited this month or the next.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts