Allpar Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
E-mailed Chrysler about my 2000 Salsa Red Dodge Neon ES with over 200,000 miles. Got a nice letter back in the mail along with a very nice pewter license plate frame. Had to take some pics. :-D

More pics here:

http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g220/moparknighthawk/2000%20Salsa%20Red%20Dodge%20Neon%20ES/

Reactions: JA Cumbo

·
Registered
58 Posts
Where did you email to Chrysler to get the plate holder? I've got a 1996 Neon with almost 300,000 miles on it.

email it to me at kc8frw at gmail dot com Thanks, John

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts
Here's all the details on joining the Chrysler High-Miler's Club...

http://www.allpar.com/forums/topic/144178-joining-the-chrysler-high-milers-club/

Note that you have to be the first or second owner to qualify.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have to comment on your license number, how ironic that the license number on your
Dodge Neon is 1914? The start of The first Dodge Brothers car was November 14,1914 really cool!
Congratulations and Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
8,047 Posts
Here's all the details on joining the Chrysler High-Miler's Club...

http://www.allpar.co...gh-milers-club/

Note that you have to be the first or second owner to qualify.
Well, heck! I don't guess I'll attempt it since I'm the 3rd owner of my GC. Just crossed 191,000 last week. Once I get to 200,000, I may try it anyway. How the heck do they know how many owners a vehicle has had? Do they ask for your VIN and run a check on it somehow?

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Well, heck! I don't guess I'll attempt it since I'm the 3rd owner of my GC. Just crossed 191,000 last week. Once I get to 200,000, I may try it anyway. How the heck do they know how many owners a vehicle has had? Do they ask for your VIN and run a check on it somehow?
Yes
but the only answer to unasked questions is no.
Mick

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts
It costs you nothing to submit your vehicle, and they'll let you know if you qualify or not. No need to wait until 200000. I have 183K on my Stratus, sent it in, and they sent me a 200K frame.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just called and am getting my 300,000 mile plate cover for my 1990 Caravan. They have a database that they cross referance the last 8 digits of the VIN to to find out which owner you are. They wouldn't give me one for my Neon with 282,000 or my Lebaron with 225,000 because I was the third owner.
Thanks for the info about the plate holder though.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have to comment on your license number, how ironic that the license number on your
Dodge Neon is 1914? The start of The first Dodge Brothers car was November 14,1914 really cool!
Congratulations and Thanks for sharing!
I noticed that rigfht after I got the plate years ago. I thought it was cool too!

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just had a thought. I the event that something ever happens to your 100K or 200K, etc. Chrysler and it has to go to that big junkyard in the sky, use these plate frames as picture frames. Put a good picture of your beloved Mopar inside the frame, add a backing, and hang it on the wall!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Got the plate cover and it doesn't fit on the Caravan where the rear plate mounts and MI doesn't have front plates. It wouldn't even fit the 1886 Neon either. The mounting screws for the plate is on the bottom and the plate holder uses screw mounting on top. Maybe I should just Frame It and put it on the garage wall.

·
Virginia Gentleman
14,685 Posts
1886 Neon
???

I just had a thought. I the event that something ever happens to your 100K or 200K, etc. Chrysler and it has to go to that big junkyard in the sky, use these plate frames as picture frames. Put a good picture of your beloved Mopar inside the frame, add a backing, and hang it on the wall!
Good idea assuming one actually took a pic of said vehicle somewhere along the line........

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got the plate cover and it doesn't fit on the Caravan where the rear plate mounts and MI doesn't have front plates. It wouldn't even fit the 1886 Neon either. The mounting screws for the plate is on the bottom and the plate holder uses screw mounting on top. Maybe I should just Frame It and put it on the garage wall.
With the Neon, just drill new holes in the top area. Its just a plastic bumber, it should be easy. Just don't drill them too big. :-D

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
That thing gotta Hemi?

·
Registered
58 Posts
1996 Neon tried to edit it but couldn't so must do this post

Is the rear plate area on a '90 Caravan that tight? :huh:
Ya, It's recessed in at the back where the plate mounts with very little room at the sides

·
Vaguely badass...
43,887 Posts
Ah, yes. Found an image - and now I recall - that was before the redesign and the wider plate area that came with it. What a shame. Break out the Dremel! :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts