Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw on employee portal, sorry if already posted elsewhere.

The Jefferson North Assembly Plant (Detroit) will be featured on the cable television show “Extreme Factories,” demonstrating how the Jeep® Grand Cherokee is built.
The 20-minute segment will be part of the episode scheduled for 9 p.m. Eastern time on Sunday, May 12, on the Travel Channel.

·
Active Jeeper
31,138 Posts
Thanks!

·
Registered
12,224 Posts
I previously worked for a company where they wanted to feature us on Modern Marvels. As Sales & Marketing Manager, I saw a great opportunity for us. Ownership was too concerned about revealing "proprietary" technologies, so we declined.

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
Cool!

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
Erik Latranyi said:
I previously worked for a company where they wanted to feature us on Modern Marvels. As Sales & Marketing Manager, I saw a great opportunity for us. Ownership was too concerned about revealing "proprietary" technologies, so we declined.
That's too bad. It's easy to get around that with good editing and approvals.

Mike

·
Active Jeeper
31,138 Posts
Mike V. said:
Mike
I was just going to mention that.
All it takes is a right to review and edit the final cut. Most of the shows never show anything but the basics and can still remain interesting.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
MoparNorm said:
I was just going to mention that.
All it takes is a right to review and edit the final cut. Most of the shows never show anything but the basics and can still remain interesting.
Absolutely.

Mike

·
THE MAD DUCK
2,379 Posts
Something Worth Watching!

I've Seen Some of Thier Programs - The Do a Very Good Program.

TMD

·
Registered
6,726 Posts
Mike V. said:

Mike
Unless Erik works in the alien reverse engineering dept. I wonder....

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
GasAxe said:
Unless Erik works in the alien reverse engineering dept. I wonder....
:lol:

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
marlon_jbt said:
Hope I'm not in any of the video. :)
I'm sure you'll be edited out! I, or at least some of my body, was in the Challenger one
a couple years back.

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
Heh. Wife's company was featured on Future Weapons a few years back. They filmed right before the company was bought-out and the name changed, so they had to blur the old company logo on all of those nice new polo shirts that the employees were given for the shoot. DOH!

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
dfarc said:
I'm sure you'll be edited out! I, or at least some of my body, was in the Challenger one
a couple years back.
I was just joking. I actually don't remember Extreme Factories being at the plant which means it was probably recorded during a day that I was not scheduled to work. We're running that terrible 3-2-120 you know... bah.

Day Shift/A-Crew always gets all the good publicity.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
Watching now. Very good so far.

To the great people of Jefferson North Assembly... You did a great job on TV :)

Lots of shots of the new Cherokee and Wrangler.

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
I haven't seen this episode, but I keep seeing new Grand Cherokees everywhere here.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
UN4GTBL said:
I haven't seen this episode, but I keep seeing new Grand Cherokees everywhere here.
It is very condensed, as expected. The entire segment takes 18 minutes including to commercial breaks. I laugh because they show the Durango a lot in the body shop but 99% of viewers wouldn't know the difference anyway.

Mike

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
I didn't catch it.

Was it like your typical assembly plant tour video? 15 minutes in the body shop oohing and ahhing at the BORING body shop robots and 3 minutes in assembly, where all the REAL action happens?

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
marlon_jbt said:
I didn't catch it.

Was it like your typical assembly plant tour video? 15 minutes in the body shop oohing and ahhing at the BORING body shop robots and 3 minutes in assembly, where all the REAL action happens?
Almost yes. They focused a lot on the body shop. Never really showed the paint area, then showed engines and transmissions. They spent a lot of time at the point where the subframe and drivetrain are lifted into the unibody and then installing wheel with tires mounted and alignment performed. Then they went to the checkout station and that was that.

Mike

1 - 20 of 23 Posts