Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php/2013/07/grand-cherokee-wins-suv-challenge


Are u serious.....WHY would Jeep allow themselves be in a test with those posers....... That's like being proud that Mike Tyson knocked out Macaulay Culkin

“Winning this award is especially gratifying since the judges included a typical family of four, in addition to experts from three prestigious media outlets,” said Mike Manley, Jeep Brand CEO. “We are delighted that the judges recognized the improvements we’ve made to the Jeep Grand Cherokee – the most awarded SUV ever – that make it even better. No other SUV offers Grand Cherokee’s combination of legendary Jeep 4×4 capability, fuel economy, advanced user-friendly technology, world-class craftsmanship and on-road refinement.”
OH lord ....cant wait till Mopar Norm sees this........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,747 Posts
Um...the Toyota Venza, Hyundai Santa Fe, Ford Edge, Kia Sportage and Nissan Murano are not SUVs.
 

·
Active Jeeper
Joined
·
31,129 Posts
CJDsalespro said:
http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php/2013/07/grand-cherokee-wins-suv-challenge


Are u serious.....WHY would Jeep allow themselves be in a test with those posers....... That's like being proud that Mike Tyson knocked out Macaulay Culkin




OH lord ....cant wait till Mopar Norm sees this........
You really need to stop mischaracterizing my opinions.
I have always maintained the Grand Cherokee as a great Chrysler, it's simply a poor Jeep.
Get it? A great car, a not so good Jeep.
That is likely going to be my final prediction for the KL as well, it's going to be a nice car, poor Jeep.
Both are good choices for all weather pavement cars.
And... For the record, I just talked a friend into a 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland, so expand your parameters. ;)
UN4GTBL said:
Um...the Toyota Venza, Hyundai Santa Fe, Ford Edge, Kia Sportage and Nissan Murano are not SUVs.
...and neither is the GC. ;)
 
  • Like
Reactions: djsamuel and Tomguy

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UN4GTBL said:
Um...the Toyota Venza, Hyundai Santa Fe, Ford Edge, Kia Sportage and Nissan Murano are not SUVs.
Venza...Edge......Sportage Murrano........ Whats next?

Challenger SRT8 beats out the Focus Elantra and Mazda 3.......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
820 Posts
Utterly amazingly stupid. Manley should fire himself. He really said Winning this award is especially gratifying? Ralph needs to take Chrysler over and fix this stuff immediately. I have a strong feeling he dosen't like a lot of things going on these days.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,389 Posts
plymouth1 said:
Utterly amazingly stupid. Manley should fire himself. He really said Winning this award is especially gratifying? Ralph needs to take Chrysler over and fix this stuff immediately. I have a strong feeling he dosen't like a lot of things going on these days.
Ah what was he suppose to say.

"of course we wiped the floor with those inferior vehicles"?

Its called being Gracious
 

·
Active Jeeper
Joined
·
31,129 Posts
TripleT said:
Ah what was he suppose to say.

"of course we wiped the floor with those inferior vehicles"?

Its called being Gracious
Yep, he was stuck between a rock and a hard place....which is ironically the same place we find modern Jeeps... ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,224 Posts
MoparNorm said:
Yep, he was stuck between a rock and a hard place....which is ironically the same place we find modern Jeeps... ;)
:rimshot:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,747 Posts
CJDsalespro said:
Venza...Edge......Sportage Murrano........ Whats next?

Challenger SRT8 beats out the Focus Elantra and Mazda 3.......
SLR "beats" a Viper...

:rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
820 Posts
TripleT said:
Ah what was he suppose to say.

"of course we wiped the floor with those inferior vehicles"?

Its called being Gracious
Sure. At least it would have been a more honest answer. Though the new GC is no longer as capable off road, it sure as heck shouldn't be in a comparo with those vehicles. The Venza is a STATION WAGON. Call it what you will but that is what it is. It looks like a CAR. At least the Grand Cherokee still looks like a Truck.
 

·
Well-Known Jeeper
Joined
·
2,932 Posts
plymouth1 said:
Utterly amazingly stupid. Manley should fire himself. He really said Winning this award is especially gratifying? Ralph needs to take Chrysler over and fix this stuff immediately. I have a strong feeling he dosen't like a lot of things going on these days.
Ralph??? Running the company???? :thumbsdown: He's a good promoter and a sometimes-good designer, but loves to tease the public with comments about cars that have no chance for production and create confusion just as much as Sergio does.... what Chrysler needs is a leader in the style of Iacocca or Lutz, i.e. "Here's what we're going to do" - and then do it!

But I agree with you about Manley.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,224 Posts
Look at who is #2 and #3...........
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,474 Posts
And not by a large margin either...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
275 Posts
After three Yrs. of trying to decide which LX to buy I decided the JGC was the logical choice. bumping 800 Miles and we LOVE it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
UN4GTBL said:
Um...the Toyota Venza, Hyundai Santa Fe, Ford Edge, Kia Sportage and Nissan Murano are not SUVs.
I have sold hundreds of GC's and I cant recall one time ever when they were being cross shopped against any of those vehicles.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,271 Posts
MoparNorm said:
You really need to stop mischaracterizing my opinions.
I have always maintained the Grand Cherokee as a great Chrysler, it's simply a poor Jeep.
Get it? A great car, a not so good Jeep.
That is likely going to be my final prediction for the KL as well, it's going to be a nice car, poor Jeep.
Both are good choices for all weather pavement cars.
And... For the record, I just talked a friend into a 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland, so expand your parameters. ;)
How many people really buy a luxury SUV to take off-road? Not just a GC but also the Merc G-class, Land Rovers, etc. Personally, I couldn't care less whether or not the GC goes off-road. It's luxurious, it's comfortable, it drives and handles very well, etc. I know it's a blasphemy to the Jeep name, but that doesn't make it any less of a vehicle, which I think people may seem to forget! Most of the present company should hopefully be excluded.

As far as Manley's comments or actions, why not allow the Jeep to participate? That's like saying "Sorry, we don't need any more awards" - I'm sure he knew that it'd win before the competition even started, and he's not going to be derogatory about winning. It's FAR more embarrassing to every large 5 passenger SUV / CUV that's NOT a Jeep Grand Cherokee. EVERY test that a GC enters it seems to win.
 

·
Active Jeeper
Joined
·
31,129 Posts
Tomguy said:
How many people really buy a luxury SUV to take off-road? Not just a GC but also the Merc G-class, Land Rovers, etc. Personally, I couldn't care less whether or not the GC goes off-road. It's luxurious, it's comfortable, it drives and handles very well, etc. I know it's a blasphemy to the Jeep name, but that doesn't make it any less of a vehicle, which I think people may seem to forget! Most of the present company should hopefully be excluded.
Nice to see you agree with me.
 

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
Joined
·
26,427 Posts
Personally, I think what's embarrassing is that the whole range of "SUV's" have become glorified station wagons instead of true utility vehicles.

The Jeep is the only one that has any real "capability" left. How much can be debated, but think about it, the 90s era heyday of the SUV is long gone... Replaced my jacked up station wagons made to look like utility vehicles.

Mike
 
  • Like
Reactions: drew54 and GasAxe
1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Top