Allpar Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my second Dodge - A Caliber. First one was an Aspen years ago.
Thought I would join and maybe learn. Having fun learning my CVT2 tranny. Different, Never had one. Driven most others, Fluid Drive, E-Stick, Manual 3,4,5 and 6 speed trannys. Many automatics. Even Hydrostatics. I found they all worked well when taken care of.

·
Registered
8,042 Posts
Welcome to Allpar. I'm also a Tennessean. I'm about 120 miles east of you on the Tennessee River. Congrats on the Caliber. They are great cars. I had one and walked away from a head on collision in it. Doped out teenager hit me. I was running 50 mph and the THP estimated her speed between 65 and 75. Anyway, you won't find much support here for Calibers. Not that many members here own them. I can recommend another forum that is an excellent source of help and information if you want it. Just let me know. I don't know if the admins here would want me to post that site or not.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chuzz, thanks for the welcome. I would be happy to have the forum information on the Caliber.
Thank you for offering it up.
I read that the Caliber was given a 5 star rating for headon collisions.
Sounds like you were well cared for by God and Dodge.....

·
Registered
8,042 Posts
Yes indeed, the big Guy upstairs always takes care of me. I helped one of my brothers pick out and order a 76 Aspen R/T back when I was in college. We flew up to Detroit and picked it up. Green with two green stripes, 318, automatic with white interior and bucket seats. I ran the crap out of that car on the way back to Tennessee and did all the maintenance on it for my brother. He had a good job and I was a broke college kid. Unfortunately, he was a big drinker at the time and he really beat the crap out of that car. Had a tad over 150,000 miles on it when he sold it for five hundred bucks in 83. Still ran like a top! Go to www.caliberforumz.com for info on your Caliber. Tell them Flyinghigh sent you. That's my name there. There are a couple of other members here that are members there too. I won't mention their names, but they're good people and very helpful too. We'll see you there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts