Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
The GRIM REAPER CHEATER
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who ever thought that back in oct of 08 when Strat. opened this avenue for venting and talking about problems for all of us that it would ever get to 96 pages and i've spent the last 2 days going back over all the posts that were made here and seen some that i've made myself and thanks to jim it's still going and it's been heavy at times. I've watched lives change and lives lost and lives almost lost but because we are a family we were able to offer each other some help and advice along the way and that's a good thing and i've made a lot of friends here and through all of Allpar and proud to say i was a part of it and still am and god knows i've rained on a few parades when people start talking about giving up at young ages and figure there is nothing left for them and have found out that they have friends and people who are willing to help them and help move them along through life and i admit life is not always easy and things don't go along as you would like them to but you are put here for a reason to hang around as long as you can and if you can never do anything to help someone then don't do anything to harm them and that's been my policy all my lifeand i've had my share as well and now the grim reaper is tapping me on the shoulder again and just when i thought he forgot about me and i guess he did for the last 9 years but he found me again and i'm still trying to beat him at his game because i want his job and he doesn't want to retire so i'm kind of hoping that i will get the job so he can't do this to anyone else as i would prolong it but sometimes that's not good either. I guess what i'm trying to say in a short form is that i've been told that there is nothing else they can do for me and no more surgeries as my heart is only operating at 30% and they are afraid to put me to sleep for any more surgery and to make matters worse my legs are failing because of circulation,they won't do anything with my rotator cuff only give me cortisone shots every 2 months which i don't get 2 months out of anyway and now the radiation is getting into my bones and the suffering continues,the latest bouts with blood clots have put me on warfarin and have taken almost everything i could eat and swallow i can't have anymore so things are getting pretty low for me and i feel the depression coming on slowly but continue to plug away at life as best i can. We had a few days up at the cabin this week and i enjoyed that and are hoping to go again on monday after i get back from blood work and the pain medication has been increased to try and fool the mind but that don't always work but it helps to put on a good face and seem like your enjoying yourself and trying to keep Eleanor from feeling the pain and grief that i know is hurting her and she is deeply hurt about this and this is as far as i can go tonight without tearing up...Gene

K

·
0 Posts
Gene! You are in my thoughts and prayers! God Bless both you and Eleanor. You are an inspiration to us all!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Gene
You and Eleanor are good people. I wish I had been able to meet you in person, but we are physically too far apart.
You are an inspiration and encouragement to us all through the forums. You and your family are in our prayers.

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
You're a strong man, Gene. My family and I will keep you and your wife in our prayers and ask that God's will be done. I know I've certainly enjoyed your posts over the years and consider you family also.

Reactions: patricklynch

·
The GRIM REAPER CHEATER
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!! life continues on and were doing our best to cope and decided to sell the truck as i cannot even get up in the back of it now but when i'm not being watched i hear this voice saying out loud what are you doing up there,you know your going to hurt yourself and you got me frightened to death get down out of there i'm fine just putting some wax on the roof, the roof is fine now don't be doing things to scare me like that ok i didn't mean to scare you but if i have nothing to do then i'm in trouble and you must understand that the very moment i say i can't do this anymore then i'm gone.I didn't think that i would get as much interest in the truck but i posted it anyway on a classified site just to see what kind of response i would get from it and so far there have been over 500 lookers,8 phone calls,and 16 e mails and have been asked if i would trade it for a variety of cars and suvS everything from a suzuki,caravan,blasers,villagers man i have trouble saying the name of that other one of the big 3 but it's not ours or bow ties anyway that is in a holding phase right now and waiting to see if the right machine comes along and decide then.blood work at 7 am but leave here at 445 to try and be among the first in the lineup and it usually works.i have another challenge on my hands now and that is to try and cheer Eleanor up a bit i think she is starting to get down now also and i can't allow that to happen so we might head up to the cabin for a few days again if possible have a few doctors to see this week. i bought a turbo stick for my laptop so i can have some internet service at the cabin so we will see how that works out and i might even be able to post from there i have to leave it until later on in the night to post here about what is going on with me i wait till eleanor goes to bed to post.another update after i see the doctors this week.Again thanks...Gene

·
Registered
4,247 Posts
You and Eleanor are in my prayers, Gene.

·
Banned
3,817 Posts
Hey Gene just remember that miracles still happen, I will pray for you and tell the grim reaper to go bother somebody else. Just keep the faith and you are lucky to have Eleanor ;) by your side.

·
What sanity?
3,705 Posts
If anybody can tell the reaper where to go and how to get there, it would be you. I'm pulling for you, as always.

·
The GRIM REAPER CHEATER
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Still here hanging in!! man they upset me with" there is nothing else we can do for you " yes there is a lot you can do for me give me some quality of life i don't intend to lie down for the rest of my life anyway i have some genuine interest in the truck and think it's prtty close to saying it's sold but some lousy low-life stole the delta tool box out of it last night and it's not the one that rest's on the bed rails but sits in the box and believe me when i say i think i'm closing in on the scum and have some friends watching for me.one of the tenants upstairs saw it go at 2.30 this morning and gave a pretty good discription of said person who must be suicidal to steal from me or foolish as i will haunt him for the rest of his life and feel like i'm going to get it back no questions asked if it's there in the morning but we have only 100.000 people here and most of the city knows everybody else except for a few and with oil brings crime and drugs and death something were not used to here everybody kind of looks out for his neighbors but that is changing anyway enough of that were looking for some warm wheather it's cold here and rain with temps at only around 10 degrees"C"time for a warm up and get to the cabin again for a few days hoping to go sunday,OH and thanks a bunch guy's for the bunch we had a lot of fun with that it was strange seeing eleanor playing tricks on the daughter saying to her have you got room up there for me Gene has a new woman and she has the nerve to send him flowers well mouths fell open including mine but was good for the soul and belly with a good laugh something we haven't been able to do well lately so thanks and gratitude for that. i find that i'm having to lie down a bit more and it doesn't take much to wear me down the neighbor who parks next to me is as anal about a clean truck as i am and when he cleans his he continues on and starts cleaning mine so i go down and get into the act as well and i try and keep a good front but it wears me down but the truck looks good anywhere to put some pic's here?? oh Eleanor is restless and calling out for me so i will continue this at another time.Mattie i got your post in the lounge and i appreciate .Thanks...Gene

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Gene, sorry to miss your recent posts. I thought about you yesterday. Good to see I found this thread again. I pray you have many wonderful days ahead of you. Hang in there.

·
The GRIM REAPER CHEATER
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here i am again!! i'm still around but i must admit i spent some time feeling sorry for myself and that's the last thing i wold advise any body to do but it happened and i lost an uncle since my last visit here so that kind of played on me and i couldn't bring myself to go to the funeral home or the gravesite. we went to the cabin on a sunday in the rain and had a nice sunny day on monday with a bbq and a fire that night and we enjoyed but we gave up on wednesday and came home it's been the worst smmer i've seen in all my short years of life here on the east coast,out of the last 70 days we've had rain for 60 of them and it's cold with temps. in around 8-12 C and we only get about 10 weeks of summer here anyway so this will shorten it up somewhat and can only hope for a nice indian summer for sept. and oct and no more hunting trips for me to look forward to and we have too many iceburgs and ice islands around here this year and thats helping to keep the weather cold unlike the rest of the island where they are warm and sunny but good for the tourists and this week we received a chunk of steel that came from the world trade centre that was given to us in appreciation of all the airplanes that we sheltered during 911 and the people on those flights that we took into our homes to try and help out during that awful time and i think the plan is to build a monument around that peice of steel in commoration of all the people that lost their lives during that tragedy.I'm still all stinked up with my family doctor because he doesn't want to listen only just write scrips for more meds and is not paying attention to the fact that i'm trying to talk to him but i'm not making too much noise about it everyone has to face their own God when the time comes and i'm prepared to meet mine but NOT yet though still have stuff to do. I sold the truck and at the risk of being called a traitor i'm not going to say what i bought for the time being because i don't know if i can handle the flaming i'm going to get when i reveal it but i will say that eleanor loves it so if she's happy then i'm happy,we have some friends home from Ireland and enjoying them along with some of the forbidden fruits and my INR is up but you have to let your hair down sometime so i'm taking advantage they are going back to Dublin on monday and were hoping to head back to the cabin after blood work on monday morning and i haven't been in touch with my cancer doctors in a while now and they can send the posse out looking for me if they want me.I'll try and get back on here sooner than later and just taking her day for day but taking her as best i can.Later...Gene

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
I am most appreciative of your updates and EXPECT you to post many hundreds more over the next decades! OK???
Hang in there. Take everything day by day.

·
Mopar starship captain
4,228 Posts
Haven't been here much lately, but I am gratified that you are still kicking as my dad would say. Given what my dad has been through, I'm glad he's still kicking too.

·
Premium Member
4,168 Posts
I haven't been here in a while, but, I am glad you are still kicking Pappy. I think of you often, and smile. I look forward to seeing more updates from you. Please don't let anything get you down. You are one of the strongest, and most courageous people I know.

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
Any update Gene?

·
Registered
4,247 Posts
Gene hasn't been active since his 8/11/11. Has anyone heard from him?

·
Super Moderator
31,989 Posts
We were wondering about this the other day. I think an inquiry has been made.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts