Allpar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1994 dodge van 250. It takes a about 10 or 15 minutes to start the first time in the morning but after it starts it is fine the rest of the day. What could cause this.

·
KOG
7,002 Posts
360?

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
Turn the key from "off" to "on" but not to "start". Listen for the fuel pump. Or, have someone else listen for the fuel pump.

How does it run once it does start?

The '97 Ram 2500 Van I drove at work stopped starting one day years ago, apparently something triggered the fuel pump cutoff.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep the fuel pump works it just does the first time I try to start it of the morning. Runs fine rest of the day

3.9 motor

I keep turning the key off and on untilly engine light comes on and then it will start

·
Super Moderator
31,989 Posts
Check fault codes via this method:

http://www.allpar.com/fix/codes/index.html

·
Super Moderator
21,369 Posts
The 'ck eng' light should come on the first time and every time the ign key is rolled to the run position.
A shorted 5 or 8 volt sensor supply line to ground or a failing PCM could cause the 'ck eng' light to stay out and the engine not to fire.
Use a scan tool to try and see what is missing while it is electrically acting up. The scan tool also may not be able to communicate with the PCM like this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts