Allpar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
slightly smaller lighter and bettter handeling will put them much closer to other pony cars and i like it. dont get me wrong being a GT style car now is fine i just wish they keep most of the body styling. 500HP "cuda" the size of the new "Z" woudl be killer

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
slightly smaller lighter and bettter handeling will put them much closer to other pony cars and i like it. dont get me wrong being a GT style car now is fine i just wish they keep most of the body styling. 500HP "cuda" the size of the new "Z" woudl be killer
Size of the z would be a dead on arrival for dodge let along trying to fit some sort of v8 in there

·
Registered
2011 Challenger R/T Classic
1,104 Posts
There is nothing new in there, we all knew these details long ago.
Did we? Until 3 hours ago all I had ever heard was that Hemi is going away and eMuscle is the future. That's it. That's all they've said. A lot of Challenger guys had actually been pissed at the lack of communication from Stellantis on this.

Good to hear that they're keeping ICE around. Smart move. All they need is 300 lbs. shaved off and they'll be where Ford and GM are. With 485 HP in the 392 cars, that alone will move them into the lead in quarter mile performance for the dollar.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Was it known two different new large car platforms were coming? One for rwd ice Charger, Challenger, and 300. The other an EV “skateboard”, presumably for Pacifica, Airflow, and…

Reactions: JohnRogers

·
Registered
98 Posts
Did we? Until 3 hours ago all I had ever heard was that Hemi is going away and eMuscle is the future. That's it. That's all they've said. A lot of Challenger guys had actually been pissed at the lack of communication from Stellantis on this.

Good to hear that they're keeping ICE around. Smart move. All they need is 300 lbs. shaved off and they'll be where Ford and GM are. With 485 HP in the 392 cars, that alone will move them into the lead in quarter mile performance for the dollar.
Disinformation perpetuated from the click bait sites. ICE was never off the table.

Here, Mopar Insiders and Stellpower had articles and forum posts going back at least as far as that EV announcement that the often delayed ice redesign was still coming for 2024. Everything in that MT article has already been discussed before.

There was talk about at least the 392 most likely to carry on, with a base i4 and variations of the i6 to fill in for the 5.7.

The only given was that the Hellcat engine was no longer going forward.

·
Move along, nothing to see here
2,793 Posts
I really hoped I would have read it first with better information or does Motor Trend got bad intell?

I just read this "article". It's a whole lot of supposition and guessing. There's zero fact in any of it. Just the author jumping to a whole lot of conclusions based on a source telling him that the new car architecture can "fit a V8". We already know Hellcat as an engine is done in the next year or two. The 5.7 Hemi is positively ancient already and I don't see them continuing that engine program beyond current generations. And they did just release the i6 turbo which outperforms the Hemi in every measurable metric. My guess is that if there's a new generation of ICE cars, they'll have the i6.

ALSO, don't put any stock in rumours or speculation with this company. Over the last 8 years how many models, platforms, and refreshes were "confirmed by sources" as coming and quietly vanished never having appeared anywhere? I wouldn't put any stock in this MT piece unless we see mules running around.

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
39,889 Posts
Check out stellpower more often. I'm posting news there regularly. I credit Allpar when news comes from Allpar. I refer people to Allpar for their forums. I also try to keep the rumor roundup up to date - Chrysler rumor wrap / upcoming models

·
Paper Tag Rubicon
4,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That excited me as well. Crucial that byound good retro looks a comfortable cabin and usable trunk made the Challenger really stand out. Don't mess that up.

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
39,889 Posts
They can make the car smaller by not requiring the space for V8s, which seems likely. If you substitute Hurricane engines, there may be a few inches of length that can go away, which makes it lighter.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I really hoped I would have read it first with better information or does Motor Trend got bad intell?

Nice. At this point, these would be a toy for me, which would be top of that list. I’m seeing a lot of plug in hybrids that have maybe a 2 liter engine that match hp numbers of the 392 or in the ballpark, with double or triple the gas mileage. But, you get the hemi for a reason.

I think they should release a plug in with the 3.0, similar to the 4xe and 2.0. I think it would be a healthy 20-30% of the sales.

Reactions: HotCarNut

·
Registered
43 Posts
485 hp 2.x liter PHEVs? I haven't seen any of those.
Hurricane PHEV or just HEV would be good.
I think most people are expecting a high-po Hellcat for 2023. I don't think many are expecting it to last into 2025.
Volvo s60 recharge comes to mind, 55k new, prior to credit, 40 miles electric, 455 hp. wish they sold a charger like this. It would be my daily driver.

agree on hellcats, thought were dead.

Edit: The 55k model appears to have 400 hp.

Reactions: HotCarNut
1 - 20 of 104 Posts