Allpar Forums banner
101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,547 Posts
Thank you, I will be retired sometime in the next couple years as the 41 years I've been doing this are starting to take their toll. I hope whatever Brampton builds keeps the younger folks busy for many years to come.
Best cars I have ever owned were made in Brampton. One was a 300M and the others I still own (signature). Will try to keep them as long as I can since for me they have been perfect…

Thank you for building such fantastic cars. I have been to quite a few LX Springfests and those who have been there know there is just something special about these automobiles.

Someone around the corner owns a late model 300 and every time I drive by I am puzzled I don’t see more. To me it is still one of the best looking sedans out there.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I6 turbo replaces 5.7, I6 high output replaces 6.4, and BEV replaces Hellcat and Red Eye.
I know you don't have any insider info but thank you for the educated speculation!

So let me get this straight: The next-gen Charger and Challenger will be available with either traditional ICE engines (likely the Hurricane at the high end, something else on the low end?) or as a fully electric BEV setup. Am I understanding that correctly?

My question: Assuming that's true, then what concessions have been made that might compromise the ICE setup? Similarly, what compromises have been made that might compromise the BEV setup?

·
Registered
72 Posts
For the model names, For years the American car builders have cycled thru names alot, one reason was to denote a major change but another was to distance from mistakes. The Japanese and Korean cars do this far less and try to hold onto nameplates as long as possible.
My understanding is within the last 20 years studies showed that keeping consistent model names became associated with longevity among the public. Think Camry Corolla Accord Land Cruiser. So you see less name switching now and more reuse of old names. I expect this will continue. Also it should be noted how much constantly changing names confuses customers, I read somewhere Ford studied the nameing of Lincoln cars and found the general public had no idea what their various cars were so more recent models have had a theme name (Navigator, Aviator, Corsair). with the plan to keep them more consistent in the future.

·
Premium Member
3,547 Posts
Speaking of cars made in Brampton. While his channel focuses quite a bit on GM he does like to cover Mopars from time to time:

Guess one starts showing one’s age when one prefers looking more and more into the rear view mirror… :)

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Speaking of cars made in Brampton. While his channel focuses quite a bit on GM he does like to cover Mopars from time to time:

Guess one starts showing one’s age when one prefers looking more and more into the rear view mirror… :)
Loved those cars .

101 - 107 of 107 Posts