Allpar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the days are getting shorter and I'm driving in the dark to and from work, I haven't been very happy with how the standard headlights on my '12 Tradesman perform. The lowbeams are reasonable, I'd like a wider pattern for turning at dark intersections, but the highbeam pattern is very splotchy and doesn't illuminate the road much more or farther than the lowbeams. I turn the interior lights to their lowest setting to help my night vision but any oncoming vehicles negate any benefits when switching from low back to high.

Anyone tweak the headlight adjustments for a better pattern or recommend an aftermarket set of bulbs? Lighting, both the headlights and the lack of a front interior dome light, is the only poor aspect I have found in the truck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same complaint about my 2012 Express. The high beams are horrible! When I complained to the dealer, I was told that they were approved by the NHTSA. Period. I replaced the factory H13 bulb with Sylvania Silverstar zXe's which are much better but still splotchy. BTW, changing a bulb in these things is a real pain.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
When I switch to high beam on my 2011 ST there is a large gap between the low/high beams, dark area all across. My fiancee has better lighting on her 07 Jeep Patriot using round head lamps.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The worst headlights I have ever had on a car were on my 93 Intrepid. You couldn't see! I drove around with the "brights" on and never got a reaction from anybody. But, I second the motion on the Silverstars. They are nice and bright.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts