Allpar Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately, my worst fears have come true. Been smelling a faint antifreeze smell inside my Daytona at times. The other day I turned the heat on and took a look to find it is indeed dripping a bit into the carpet, just behind the radio / heater controls stack.

I've read some horrid things about the job. I do have fully functioning air conditioning in the car. My biggest question is if there is ANY way at all to remove the heater core without opening up the A/C system. I honestly wouldn't be opposed cutting open and then re-sealing the heater box if I could get the core out that way. It's against my better judgement to do that, but I really REALLY want to avoid opening the A/C system, especially when it has been serving me so well.

Any thoughts? Also, any thoughts on it making through another winter before I need to do the replacement? Like I said, it is dripping at this time, but only appears to do so when the heat is on. At other times, I only smell antifreeze from the vents occasionally.

Thanks,

-Steve

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well shoot... looks like I'll have to bite the bullet and evac the A.C. Which means this will probably have to wait until next year, unfortunately. Anyone know what it would cost to have the refrigerant recovered, and then the system pumped down after I do the replacement?

I'll be sure to bring along a length of hose just in case. I just hope it makes it through another winter, gets pretty darn cold up here...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.