Allpar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
greetings mopar community,

i am hoping to put hedman shorty hedders on my dart. i have a74 dart swinger with a 340 in it. question, will they bolt right on with no problems? if not what will the job involve?

thanks, dartdog

·
Premium Member
20,080 Posts
Shorty headers are fine for the street. There isn't anything that would be difficult in bolting them in, exhaust piping should be pretty straight forward after the install.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
I installed full length headers on my 72 Dart I had a few years back, and it was a tight fit, for sure. As I recall, I had to loosen the steering box some, and really work with it on the driver side to get them in there. Took awhile, and it was aggravating, but they will go in.

·
Premium Member
20,080 Posts
One thing I don't like about the long headers is the routing of the drag link through the pipes on the passenger side, which equates to road rash starting with the first speed bump (been there, done that, won't do it again). The shorty headers fixes that problem, and the only company that I know that does not route that way and puts out the most superior set of headers to all (not some, all) the competition is TTI. You will pay for them, but the owner is a Mopar man and that's all he does, headers and exhaust systems for Mopars, period.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts