Allpar Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am a new member of the ALLPAR community. Again I appreciate your acceptance and the reason for my entry to the forum was "a problem". I am from Argentina, I inherit an American Rambler (1972) from my father. The A Rambler, was styled by Pininfarina in the late 60's, (it gave it a more European touch) to be sold in my country. Those modifications included the front, the dashboard and some others. The car is practically new (paint, interiors, engine (6 cyl)), but I decided to change the engine to give it the spirit it deserved, so I got a 5.7 hemi from a 2015 ram 1500, with 5000 miles. 65RFE engine and transmission. Everything is already set, the engine working perfectly, "but" I have problems with the transmission. It's in limp mode. actually "should not be in limp mode" because the selonoid body has energy. Transmission control has (+) and transmission control output also has (+)….and now my question would come: in ram 1500 2014/15 with 65RFE transmission, does it have an independent transmission control module?…or is it the same PCM the one that controls the transmission?….I have been checking the donor Ram and I have not found another module that controls the transmission (I only found the module that controls the transfer case)….and if there was a module that controls the 65RFE, in what place is hidden??.. Thank you very much for your help
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Window Hood

Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Grille Automotive lighting

Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Car

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design

Wheel Car Tire Plant Vehicle
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Window Hood

Wheel Car Tire Plant Vehicle
Motor vehicle Car Vehicle Hood Automotive design

·
Registered
9,523 Posts
Welcome to Allpar. What an outstanding looking car and project! I sure wish I could help you, but I don't have a clue as to tell you what to do. I'm NOT a mechanic. Many members here are, though, so if you're just patient, I'm sure you'll get some helpful information.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thaks for the reply. Actually, the idea of putting the 65RFE transmission on it was that “everything was practically new”….and. that everything was attached (engine, transmission, harnesses and cables). Putting a 6-speed manual transmission involved making certain reforms and adaptations that do not always look quite right. In my country, the information on 65RFE is limited. All the information that I have collected, I have extracted from the internet and basically from the US. There is a scanner/simulator for the 65Rfe, where the PCM harness is connected and allows the transmission to be simulated and scanned, but in my country nobody has it. So I can't figure out what's wrong with the transmission. I know positively that an internal problem (torque converter, clutch discs, hydraulic pressure, or selonoid bodies) is not because the donor was new (5000 miles)….so the two questions I have are: or is it the connecting cable of the selonoid body….or is there “another” transmission controller “aside” from the PCM itself. The speed sensors (input and output) and the hydraulic pressure sensor already controlled them, and they are perfect

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Many of the doubts, regarding the connections of the harnesses, were solved by extracting information from a mopar connections page. Otherwise, it would have been impossible to understand how the systems work.
On this page, there are all the electrical connectors, with their respective cable color combinations. It is of great help, since it allows to quickly identify what is the logical operation of a certain device, at least until the input to the pcm... sometimes, the failure of a certain system may be due to the same module, or to a cable of that system , or to a cable connector of that system

1 - 4 of 4 Posts