Allpar Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from Texas. My wife has a gold 2001 Dodge Intrepid ES. My name is Fleet and I joined this forum to be able to change two doors on this car. This Car is a pain to work on as everbody that has one should know by now. My wife messed up the two doors on the drivers side. Need help on how to replace these two doors. Thanks for any replies on my future posts.......fleet

·
Registered
8,042 Posts
Welcome to Allpar, Fleet. I don't understand why it would be any more trouble to change the doors on your Intrepid than it is on any other car. Of course, they weigh more than on a Geo so other compact. Basically, all I've ever had to do to replace an entire door is remove the hinges and wiring plug and take the door off. Of course, it helps if you have an assistant and a couple of jack stands too. Putting the new one on is more of a pain, as you usually have to make a few adjustments in order to get it to open and close properly and not have any air leaks.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Welcome to Allpar!

The doors should be relatively easy to replace, time consuming, yes but not hard.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts