Allpar Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 dodge grand caravan 3.3 liter. it was running fine but i kept noticing it had a slight delay when i would first press gas to go, but then it was gone and the car ran great. had a friend put his code reader on it just to check, and he said i just needed to give it a tuneup. so i got an oil change, sparkplugs and wires changed, air filter changed, a friend did it all for me. when he gave me my car back, i took it for a drive, about 5 miles, and it started running really bad, really loud and like a hot rod. and there was lots of smoke coming out of the exhaust pipe. so he rechecked everything and come to find out the plugs had cracks in them, so we replaced plugs. still ran bad, he changed the fuel filter, still ran bad, smoke from exhaust was "pure fuel" and car was really choppy to drive around the block, and barely making it, so tried to start over, rechecked the plugs, the wires, etc. then replaced the fuel pump, still ran really bad, then he drove it around trying to maybe blow it out, once he got it home, pulled into the driveway, revved on the gas pedal a little, the car died, and now will click over but will not start at all. he replaced more things, crank shaft sensor, coil box, some other sensor, still car wont run. the code reader was put back on and he says it was the air mix something/ or the computer. replaced the air thing, so could it be my computer? but when trying to start the car yesterday, i noticed on the odometer the word "done" any ideas?????

·
Super Moderator
21,355 Posts
Welcome to Allpar. It sounds like it was very rich and flooding and the spark plugs may have fouled.
The fuel filter is the fuel pressure regulator as well. Try testing fuel pressure first.
Hopefully no catalytic converter or engine damage has occurred. Pressure should be around 45-50 psi, I believe.
I doubt that it is the computer. Diagnose this before replacing any more parts.
dOnE is what the odometer says when it has completed a fault code scan.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to Allpar. It sounds like it was very rich and flooding and the spark plugs may have fouled.
The fuel filter is the fuel pressure regulator as well. Try testing fuel pressure first.
Hopefully no catalytic converter or engine damage has occurred. Pressure should be around 45-50 psi, I believe.
I doubt that it is the computer. Diagnose this before replacing any more parts.
dOnE is what the odometer says when it has completed a fault code scan.
thanks i will!!! :thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts