Allpar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My problem is that my door speakers arn't working? I have power in two wires and the other four I don't know?? Can someone send me a schematic of the stereo system from 1997 to 1999 grand voyager se

·
What sanity?
3,705 Posts
The outer two wires are power and ground (red and gray on the speaker side, respectively) while the middle two are the speaker level signal from the head unit.

If you have power on the outer two wires, and the dash speakers work, the amps on the door speakers are faulty. Most likely bad solder joints - it happens a lot on these. They will likely be full of rosin, so repairing them will be tricky. More often than not, though, they can be repaired as long as you can deal with all the rosin in there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip but it has 6 wires and two have power one ground and the other 2 right and left channel but when I connect it it works but when I turn off the power then the dash speakers quit working??

·
What sanity?
3,705 Posts
Ah, one of the newer ones. The extra two wires go to the dash speakers... the crossover circuitry is in the door speaker amp.

I would check for continuity across the woofer voice coil terminals. If good, the woofers themselves are ok and the amp is not working properly. If bad, the amp may be working but the woofer voice coil is open.

Either way, I'm thinking you'll have to replace the door speakers.

·
Super Moderator
36,933 Posts
You can get that in a factory service manual, look for one on eBay.

·
What sanity?
3,705 Posts
Also, check your local library. They may have a Mitchell or Alldata subscription.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts