Allpar Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well our auto to standard trans swap has hit another road block...we are trying to locate the correct shifter rods but have realized there are many different styles of tail shafts so the one we are putting in our 80 Dodge 1/2 ton has number pp8332859 and c-13546 b on the trans and c-9953 as well as ss on the tail shaft, it should be an a833od, dose anyone know what it came from or better yet what the correct part numbers should be for the 1st-2nd, 3rd-4th, and reverse rods?, also any tips on where to find some, I thought I would try some trans shops tomorrow, thanks

·
Premium Member
20,080 Posts
You may find it easiest to work with an aftermarket shifter, which should have adjustable rods with it. I do know the od trans has the aluminum case, and was built after about 1974ish, during the gas crunch around then.

http://www.slantsix.org/articles/4-speeds/ODA833fourspeed1.htm

There is a whole lot of information here that should help, I scanned it and it tells differences for identification.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks, the page was helpfull I also found another as well, it appears that the trans we have according to the btail shaft length and style was used fron 75-87 in trucks and vans, now we just need to find the rods, what sort of after market shifter are you referring to?, Hurst or [email protected] maybe?

·
Premium Member
20,080 Posts
That's what I was thinking as far as shifter goes. Might even be able to find some now that the trans is identified. At least now you should be able to find internet pictures to get an idea what you are looking for. I found the article to be pretty informative after reading more of it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts