Allpar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

One of the transmission cooler line is leaking, in particular, the one that goes on the top of the radiator. I plan to replace both cooler lines, so here are my questions:

1) Anyone used the following parts? If so, what is your feedback? Dorman 624-366 Right Inlet Transmission Line and Dorman 624-367 Left Outlet Transmission Line. Please see: http://www.dormanproducts.com/catalog/OESolutions2006/485-509TransmissionLines.pdf.

Do I need to trim these hoses, or is it exact fit? I'm open to suggestions

2) How difficult is it to remove the cooler lines and to attach the new ones, especially the end that connects to the transmission? Is there any special tool that I need to use, other than a screwdriver? Do I need to remove other parts to get to the transmission connection? Looking from the top, i cannot see how the hoses connect to the transmission. The hoses are attached to the transmission using hose clamps with a screw tightener.

3) Can i please get detailed instructions on how to do this repair?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
The dorman porducts I used on my '97 sebring convertible were exact oem fit. As ImperialCrown noted, if it is just
the end of the hose leaking, you can cut some off of it and it will still fit fine.

The hoses on the transmission are accessible from the left wheel well when the splash shield is removed. The
issue I had when I attempted to replace the hoses was that the radiator needed to be lifted/removed to replace the
tube/hose from the trans to the upper radiator nipple. I don't know if you have a trans cooler mounted to the front
of the a/c condensor but if you do, you will need to pull the grill off to get to the fittings on it. On my '97, the trans
line oil flow went from the trans to the upper radiator nipple, lower radiator nipple routed to the trans cooler behind
the grill and the third hose ran from the trans cooler to the left and back to the trans. Again, I don't know if you
have the trans cooler behind the grill. When the tube under the radiator totally rusted out, I had a radiator shop do
the work, little over 2 hours worth of labor (note I already had the parts).

Hope this helps,

Gerry G.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gerry G, thanks for your input. I don't have a separate transmission cooler mounted behind the front grill. On my 97 Plymouth Breeze, both the right inlet and left outlet transmission oil cooler hoses are attached to the radiator. To access both cooler hoses from the top, I have to remove the air cleaner resonator, air cleaner top cover and move the transmission control module out of the way.

Being a newbie on DIY, I removed the right inlet transmission cooler hose without using a flare nut wrench because I didn't know I have to use one. I removed the hose by tugging and puling hard on the hose and it took me a long time to do this. Does that mean I have to remove and reattach the hose again by using a flare nut wrench? What could I have possible damage by removing the hose the incorrect way?

Also, I am having a dificult time removing the left outlet tranny oil cooler hose from the lower radiator nipple. Tried cutting it with a box cutter, but it did not work because hose is too strong and it is tight in that area. Any suggestions?

Thanks for being patient with me.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was able to remove the connection of the left outlet tranny oil cooler lines by just using plain set of pliers, twisting it slowly until it disengaged from the lower radiator nipple. Project completed, thanks for all your help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts