Allpar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched google etc. And haven't had much luck. The only wagons I find are low miles/high price or already restored.

I'm looking for a body I can restore. This was my first car I had at 16. I sold my baseball card collection at the time to buy it (huge mistake as I won't mention what I actually had) for $200. It was beige and had a huge ding in the door. I delivered pizzas in that thing and really beat the crap out of it. That slant 6 just would not die. Ended up selling it for $150. As you can tell, I still have some good memories of that car.

What I plan on doing is having the interior completely new with really comfortable front bucket seats. The back seat will fold forward and a dog bed, with renewable, washable linen, will be beneath. The rear will be fitted to fit in a couple dog crates for transport (will be used to help with a rescue I am involved with). Dropping an LS engine or a Hemi. Haven't really decided. Won't need it up right away as money will be an issue. Not sure if AWD is possible, but might explore that. Digital gauges and a killer sound system. Maybe heated seats if it isn't expensive. For paint, thinking that tough looking gun metal I have seen on some of the Toyota trucks, a dark green that appears purple at night and a patina (sleeper mode) are my three choices (cost will be a factor).

I'm thinking $30K will be my budget. This will be a daily driver. Any thoughts? Any leads on a body? I'm looking to begin this project in a few months.

I live in Oregon and have zero knowledge of any shops to do restoration. Recommendations are welcomed.

·
Registered
8,814 Posts
Since you live in Oregon, may get in touch with Mark Worman at Graveyard Carz and see if he can help you find a source for parts or maybe even a wagon.

·
Super Moderator
38,909 Posts
I think you’ll find $30k won’t go near as far as you think if a shop is doing most of the work.

You’ll probably save money in the long run by buying the most solid car you can.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think you’ll find $30k won’t go near as far as you think if a shop is doing most of the work.

You’ll probably save money in the long run by buying the most solid car you can.
Point taken. I wanted to do some of it myself, but I don't think I'll have the ability as I'll be in a place with rules like no working on your car.....

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Theres a lot in your wish list that cost much money and keep it away from a daily driver unless you simply drop the body onto a truck chassi.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts