Allpar Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm slowly putting my 1996 Dodge Grand Caravan AWD back together and need advice where to buy some parts. On the picture below is brake line holder or how do you call it. I was checking my favorite RockAuto.com but nothing was found. Maybe some cheap alternative solution would be enough too. Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,969 Posts
Maybe a "holder" that is used to separate spark plug wires will work?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe, but I need to measure it first.

·
Premium Member
4,969 Posts
If the brake tubes have a smaller diamemter then just make a "collar" out of some rubber hose to make up a difference.

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
22,020 Posts
That clip supports the brake and fuel lines along the left frame rail? I see a Mopar part # 4683511.

Reactions: jansvobodajr

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Or - you could go to your local Dodge dealership with the VIN and see if the part is still available (and any other parts you’re looking for).
Maybe on another planet, but not here in Czech Republic lol

·
Super Moderator
22,020 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm doing my leaf springs right now and here is the same situation. Are those leaf springs clips and bolts sold separately or only like whole assembly?

·
Super Moderator
22,020 Posts
Was this the minivan that we determined was a 1997 and not a 1996?
If the 10th character in the VIN is a 'V', then it is a 1997. If the 10th character in the VIN is a 'T', then it is a 1996. The factory skipped over the letter 'U'.
This is an AWD minivan?
Chrysler does service the bolts, bushings and hangers. It does not service the leaf clamps, but a suspension shop may have these. Leaf springs come in standard widths.
See figure 17-155 here:
http://oskin.ru/pub/chrysler-dodge/manuals/Chrysler_Service_Parts_Catalog/CD3/97-01/97NS.pdf
Google the part numbers to find possible sources.
I use a local shop to service and build leaf springs:
Thru-Way Auto Spring Service, Inc. Rochester, NY Leaf Springs (at http://www.thruwayspring.com/leafsprings.html )

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes that's the same car. This is old bad habit call it '96 lol

Reactions: ImperialCrown
1 - 13 of 13 Posts