Allpar Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 1974 Dodge W100 that was given to me by my father. The transmission was bad, needed rebuilt as it made a grinding and clunking noise when in any gear except Park or Low 1. I took it out, disassembled it and found it looked like all the parts were brand new but the rollers and what was left of the springs from the sprag were in the pan. I ordered a TCI bolt in sprag to replace it! My problem is now, after taking the output shaft out, one of the metal sealing rings was also in pieces in the pan with a little remaining on the shaft. Its the back one. Where do I find a replacement for these rings? I've searched the web almost two days now, I can see them on blown up parts diagrams, in fact I have the diagram from Makco out of Florida diagram for the TF-8, A727 and if you look at section C forward of the Park Gear there are two listed with a number 189. I also ordered the inner race? for the sprag, since the one that was in there had lots of "chew" marks on the face. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I don't know where else to look for these two seals. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, never mind. I received these sealing rings in the transmission rebuild kit. Hopefully the rest of my parts will come in tomorrow morning and I'll be putting this back together and have it running and driving by this weekend.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.