Allpar Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I hope this is the right place for this and this is how you ask a question about a PT. We bought a 2006 in May of this year The master switch that is in the middle of the dash had a broken middle (lock all) button and the drivers side window didn't want to go up or down. We purchased one from a salvage yard and it worked fine until a week or so when the passenger side stopped working. We took it to the garage and he said it was the motor and/or regulator and we purchased both because they came together and had our mechanic put it in. He said the wires from the old one was bad and he put the new used one in. But the window still will not go up or down. He said it was the master switch again. I told him we just changed it but we would try another one again. This salvage yard we went to this time said we could try the switch before we bought it. Turns out the new old switch works the passenger side window ok and the drivers side not work. Ours that he took out was vice versa, driver side worked and passenger side not. So it can not be in the wiring in the door because one or the other works fine. I tried looking up info on the internet but found nothing to help. Has anyone had this happen to them before and what was the problem and how did you fix it? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Hi. I hope this is the right place for this and this is how you ask a question about a PT. We bought a 2006 in May of this year The master switch that is in the middle of the dash had a broken middle (lock all) button and the drivers side window didn't want to go up or down. We purchased one from a salvage yard and it worked fine until a week or so when the passenger side stopped working. We took it to the garage and he said it was the motor and/or regulator and we purchased both because they came together and had our mechanic put it in. He said the wires from the old one was bad and he put the new used one in. But the window still will not go up or down. He said it was the master switch again. I told him we just changed it but we would try another one again. This salvage yard we went to this time said we could try the switch before we bought it. Turns out the new old switch works the passenger side window ok and the drivers side not work. Ours that he took out was vice versa, driver side worked and passenger side not. So it can not be in the wiring in the door because one or the other works fine. I tried looking up info on the internet but found nothing to help. Has anyone had this happen to them before and what was the problem and how did you fix it? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
Welcome to the forum :cool:

Sounds like you just happened to get 2 bad switches from the junk yard ;)

RockAuto is about the cheapest that I could find for a new switch, Dorman 901-394

A genuine MOPAR switch is close to $100, or more:

2006-2010 Chrysler PT Cruiser 5 Gang Switch 4602698AE | TascaParts.com (at https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-5-gang-switch-4602698ae?c=az0x )

I have an old one out of my PT that you can have for the price of shipping.

All the switches work, but either 1 or both of the little green indicator lights, that are only the front window switches, is out. It's been so long now since I took it out, I don't remember which green indicator light is out, but it doesn't affect the functionality of the switches, they will still operate all of the windows, you just won't see the indicator light at night with the lights on, which to some people is not a big deal. In fact, the switch in my PT now, both of the indicator lights are out, but it doesn't bother me, but someday I'll replace it. But the used switch that I have, I won't ever reinstall it, so it's of no use to me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts