Allpar Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all,

I write from Lima-Peru and I need Your help:

I picked up an engine with casting number 2899830 and has stamped 2-1-74 in my opinion it means that was manufactured in 1974 and was in a truck, my doubts are:

A.-Can I find a cylinder heads to be used in a passenger car? and If the answer iis Yes, then the question is: Do You know any web?

The casting is 2899830 which means is a 361 because was in a truck and my doubt is:
B.-Is there any posibility to be a 383 (the number 383 is not stamped)
C.-Is the block the same 361 that Polara or similar of the 60s?

I really appreciate Your help because I want to rebuilt with racing parts to be used in a Coronet

With My best regards.

Ernesto Chávez.

B)

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
Assuming that it is a 361, it is probably the same basic block design as the Polara you referenced. I do not know if there were any updates done to the casting though, so it is possible that some things were improved from the sixties to the seventies.

If it is the same block, any of the "B" engine parts should fit it. That means the 350, 361, 383-B, and 400. What won't fit are parts from the 383-RB, 413, 426, or 440. Yes, there were two 383s. One in the "B" line, one in the "RB" line. The RB-383 is very rare, but since the 361 is also fairly rare at this point I figured I should point this out.

The heads themselves should be the same on both "B" and "RB" engines.

The intakes are where it's most important. The "B" intakes are the only ones that will fit your engine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts