Allpar Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how to connect the air/heater control cable to the slider on a 1993 Dakota? Noticed a heating problem so I removed the temperature control unit only to find the cable wasn't connected to the slider.

·
Super Moderator
32,275 Posts
It takes some prying with needlenose pliers and maybe a small flat screwdriver to hook the wire loop on the end of the cable to the slide lever. Be patient and don't stab your hands. You have to kind of angle the loop onto the lever.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bob Lincoln for your reply. I was able to get it connected by removing the unit, leaving the wiring harness and vacuum lines connected, and disconnecting the cable holder from the unit. I was then able to hold the unit at a 90 degree angle to the cable and slip the loop into the slide lever. Maybe not the proper way to do it, but it worked.
Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
Thanks Bob Lincoln for your reply. I was able to get it connected by removing the unit, leaving the wiring harness and vacuum lines connected, and disconnecting the cable holder from the unit. I was then able to hold the unit at a 90 degree angle to the cable and slip the loop into the slide lever. Maybe not the proper way to do it, but it worked.
Thanks again.
That's actually how it's supposed to be done.

Bob's routine was to avoid possibly breaking the cable holder latch. So far I'm 0 for 3 having them survive trying to remove them ...

RwP

1 - 4 of 4 Posts