Allpar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question, do we have a date for when the 8 speeds are supposed to be placed in the Hemi Charger's? I'll admit I haven't seen anything on them recently or even been to a dealership to check them out for a few months so maybe they're out and I missed it, but my brother's roommate was checking out a Charger R/T the other day and fell in love so I was trying to talk him into waiting for the 8 speed but I wasn't quite sure of a date to give him. I understand about the Pentastar and Ram demands taking presidence but I think he would like to get into it soon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
765 Posts
[SIZE=medium]If Chrysler really wants to be a luxury brand, they should put the eight speed hemi combo in the 300 as soon as possible. I think they should offer it in the 300 before the Charger. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium] [/SIZE]
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
26,427 Posts
gezco said:
If Chrysler really wants to be a luxury brand, they should put the eight speed hemi combo in the 300 as soon as possible. I think they should offer it in the 300 before the Charger.
The real issue is availability.

I doubt you will see a Hemi 8-speed L-Series car before 2015.

Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,915 Posts
Mike V. said:
The real issue is availability.

I doubt you will see a Hemi 8-speed L-Series car before 2015.

Mike
I heard over a year ago that it would NOT be in the LX's until the redesign. It is my understanding ,that they are having a hard time getting the ZF to "fit" into the current LX.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,109 Posts
CJDsalespro said:
I heard over a year ago that it would NOT be in the LX's until the redesign. It is my understanding ,that they are having a hard time getting the ZF to "fit" into the current LX.
You mean "fit" with the Hemi in the LX? It fits fine with the Pentastar.
 

·
Defender of Reality
Joined
·
2,975 Posts
oh2o said:
The 2011-up LX was designed to accommodate the 8-speed.
Is the issue purely one of production capacity in the transmission plant?
 

·
The Poster Formerly Known As "Bethlumboy"
Joined
·
2,644 Posts
CJDsalespro said:
I heard over a year ago that it would NOT be in the LX's until the redesign. It is my understanding ,that they are having a hard time getting the ZF to "fit" into the current LX.
Total redesign, or next year's "refresh"?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
262 Posts
I would "think" a 8 speed trans behind a V6 is a light duty model and another HD model for the high torque engines. That said the HD model would be a much different trans ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,957 Posts
GuidoFL said:
I would "think" a 8 speed trans behind a V6 is a light duty model and another HD model for the high torque engines. That said the HD model would be a much different trans ?
in kinda doubt the physical size of the 8hp45 is much different than the 8hp70 (higher torque capacity), but i'm not sure about that???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
650 Posts
I would think the Hemi LX cars would use the same 8-speed transmission as the Hemi Ram/GC are using. As for availability of the 8-speed, Chrysler started in-house production about 2012 Nov/Dec; it shouldn't take more than six months to attain full prodution capacity unless something is very haywire. Or, if the production capacity is way too low in the first place.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
180 Posts
2_Brew_Crew said:
Quick question, do we have a date for when the 8 speeds are supposed to be placed in the Hemi Charger's? I'll admit I haven't seen anything on them recently or even been to a dealership to check them out for a few months so maybe they're out and I missed it, but my brother's roommate was checking out a Charger R/T the other day and fell in love so I was trying to talk him into waiting for the 8 speed but I wasn't quite sure of a date to give him. I understand about the Pentastar and Ram demands taking presidence but I think he would like to get into it soon.
Even if the 8-speed becomes available in this generation of the LX, if your brothers roomate likes the Charger that much he should ask himself if paying that much more for an 8-speed will be worth it.... no, the sticker price would probably not be much more but I would wager the incentives, which are currently excellent on R/T, would not be nearly as good as they are now. The difference could be thousands $$$. I bought a base R/T last month and while the 5-speed is just adequate, it is not equipped with 'sport mode' which supposedly improves the sportiness of the trans. by a large degree. No matter, there are aftermarket handheld tuners like diablosport intune which firm up the shifts and alter shift points anyway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Good point. Thanks everyone.

Tommy Boy said:
Even if the 8-speed becomes available in this generation of the LX, if your brothers roomate likes the Charger that much he should ask himself if paying that much more for an 8-speed will be worth it.... no, the sticker price would probably not be much more but I would wager the incentives, which are currently excellent on R/T, would not be nearly as good as they are now. The difference could be thousands $$$. I bought a base R/T last month and while the 5-speed is just adequate, it is not equipped with 'sport mode' which supposedly improves the sportiness of the trans. by a large degree. No matter, there are aftermarket handheld tuners like diablosport intune which firm up the shifts and alter shift points anyway.
 

·
THE MAD DUCK
Joined
·
2,407 Posts
Repeat This.

Ramp Up.

Ramp Up.

Ramp Up.

Ramp Up.

Ramp Up.

Now Do You Understand.

TMD
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top