·
Premium Member
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TSB NUMBER: 23-053-16
GROUP: Body
DATE: November 15, 2016

SUBJECT: Hemi Emblems Installed On Vehicles Equipped with A 3.6L Engine

SYMPTOM/CONDITION: Customers may notice Hemi emblems on the front fenders of their 3.6L engine and midnight package vehicle.

OVERVIEW: This bulletin involves removing the Hemi emblem on the front fenders of specifically equipped vehicles.

MODELS: 2017 (DS) Ram 1500 Pickup

REPAIR PROCEDURE:
1. If the vehicle has Hemi emblems installed and the vehicle does not have a Hemi
engine, the emblem will need to be removed.

·
Virginia Gentleman
15,243 Posts
If Chrysler really wanted to keep their customers happy, they would give them the option of keeping the emblems and changing the engines.
Yeah. like that's gonna happen. NOT!

I do remember popping the hood on the '06 Ram 1500 when I bought it (new). It had Hemi badges and I popped the hood to make sure it had the Hemi engine.

·
Registered
659 Posts

SYMPTOM/CONDITION: Customers may notice Hemi emblems on the front fenders of their 3.6L engine and midnight package vehicle.

OVERVIEW: This bulletin involves removing the Hemi emblem on the front fenders of specifically equipped vehicles.

REPAIR PROCEDURE:
1. If the vehicle has Hemi emblems installed and the vehicle does not have a Hemi
(revised to reflect reality)

REPAIR PROCEDURE:

2. Affix removed emblem to technician's toolbox, personal vehicle, lunchbox or children's toys as deemed necessary.

·
Registered
14,836 Posts
Really??!?!

I have no words.

Before anybody jumps on the line guys, we do whatever the computers tell us to do...
That is an insult to line guys. They are not stupid and do not simply follow computer orders. It is those that do which explains why some assembly quality sucks! Line guys should be better than that!

I am betting it is line guys who care that caught this. Most are conscientious and care about the work.

·
Registered
4,562 Posts
Lol! I dunno what happened there or how it wasn't caught but,
they've just done what other people are already doing. Buying SRT, HEMI, & Demon emblems from ebay and affixing them to their cars and then later selling them as equipped cars. Seen it many times. Somebody at my workplace has a 2011 RAM 5.7 HEMI 1500 SRT apparently. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
26,427 Posts

REPAIR PROCEDURE:
Oooops.

Mike

Reactions: guyverfanatic

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
37,204 Posts
As for the computer vs the factory guys, ... you have a truck coming at you every x seconds, are you really going to check under the hood before installing the emblem?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Isn't the first time I have seen this happen.... I remember a receiving 25 1995 Dodge Dakota Sports regular cabs all 4 cylinder models some had V-6 badges and a few even had V-8 badges on their front fenders and 1 had a V-6 badge on the passenger side and V-8 on the driver side of the truck. For quality to happen you must apply yourself and just a quick visual can help out the line completely.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I agree with IronMike - I used to infleet rental vehicles and we used to always get 09/10 Ram 1500's in with the 4.7 V8 that would have the HEMI badge on ONE side of the truck and nothing on the other side. Sometimes it'd be on both sides, but they all had the 4.7.

Reactions: guyverfanatic

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
REPAIR PROCEDURE:

Will? Will? Why?
It's not like the mechanic at a Dodge dealer is going to go by what emblem is on the car when working on the engine.
"Darn it. I just can't figure out where to install all the spark plugs."

·
Well-Known Jeeper
2,972 Posts
I can remember a fair number of RWD Magnums in '05 that had "AWD" badges, Ram trucks with both "Sport" and "SLT" badges in 2001, and minivans with both Chrysler and Dodge nameplates on them, over the years I worked in a CJD dealership.

·
Registered
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
2,693 Posts
That is an insult to line guys. They are not stupid and do not simply follow computer orders. It is those that do which explains why some assembly quality sucks! Line guys should be better than that!

I am betting it is line guys who care that caught this. Most are conscientious and care about the work.
Speaking as a line guy, this is not in any way an insult. I HAVE to do what was told. You're right, another line guy probably caught the error.

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
If someone buys a vehicle thinking its a Hemi, because of the decal on the vehicle, but in reality it has a 3.6L engine instead; can you say "Class Action Lawsuit".

Buyers should be aware enough not to be fooled by a decal, but many aren't. Its just bad all around to do nothing to correct the problem once they learned of it. The Dealership reputation is bad enough, they can't give them excuses to rip off customers because the factory made a simple mistake with decals, and some dealerships/salesmen will do that.

And as for the line guys being at fault, how? Is the fender even on the vehicle when the sticker is affixed? Probably, but do they really have the time to look under the hood and figure out what engine it has. The system failed, or people in the system weren't doing their job, its NOT the line guy's job to confirm the vehicle configuration before affixing a decal, if a line guy even does it, it might be a robot or machine affixing the sticker. Before they make a run of vehicles, they have setup everything to assure the right configuration comes out the other side.

Remember the RAM trucks with the wrong axle ratios?

Yes, many people order decals and affix them to their vehicle, not to resell and rip off an unsuspecting buyer (although I'm sure that happens), as well as all sorts of other trinkets and do-dads, little lights etc. Ever seen a Jeep-me in the Philippines? The number of 2WD jeeps I've seen with 4X4 decals affixed to them, and not in the right spot or slightly off, so you can tell it wasn't factory installed. 4.0L HO on a vehicle with a 2.5L I4 engine. The "Trail-Rated" badge is a favorite "Owner Installed Option" I've seen, no they don't put in the actual equipment, they just put on the decal for others to see, that is all they care about.

I've even seen decals for other manufacturers on vehicles, VTEC decals on a Hyundai, really?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I wouldn't keep the badge on, but I'd gladly take the unscratched OEM emblem for kicks. If it were my truck that is :D

Of all the mistakes that could be made, this one wouldn't bother me.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I can see it now..... some of the other automotive websites that have a reputation for printing anything will change this issue into "NEWS FLASH: FCA PRODUCING HEMI V6's!"....... and certain dealerships will follow and support the idea..... :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 97 Posts