Allpar Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the article:

If it seems like you haven’t heard much from Stellantis’ SRT brand, it’s because you haven’t. Nor have we. In fact, what we have heard are lots of rumors, including SRT is dead or at least it’s being de-emphasized, and that SRT engineers are being re assigned to other projects. The internet is loaded with headlines such as, “Is Chrysler Really Killing SRT?” and “SRT is Dead.” To find out what’s really going on, we reached out to Dodge boss Tim Kuniskis.

Full article here:

SRT | What’s Really Going On at Stellantis’ Performance Group (autoweek.com)

·
Registered
13,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why would you post this after Patrick got definitive info on the subject, months ago?
Because there is so much disinformation still going around that an interview with Tim Kuniskis was a good way to reinforce Patrick's article.

Reactions: tlc, Tony K and LHS

·
Registered
189 Posts
SRT is dead as we knew it...Sadly no more i.c.e alone is strange because they were talking by 2050 to start phasing out i.c.e now its 2030..So I guess the conspiracy people were right Agenda 2030! Once you get rid of my gas engines the world mise well be dead!

·
Jeepaholic
5,896 Posts
End of the world? Being a little dramatic, aren’t we?

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
By 2030 or 2050(whatever it is), it'll be something else that is be a looming mandate. We will most likely keep our ice (if we want to) in one form or another. There appears to be a lot of performance potential in electricity - so it is interesting. What's cost effective, affordable, and practical? Or, are we all gonna ride a bicycle? Make mine a Mopar.(y)

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
They will simply jack the price of gasoline so high, that you will be motivated into selling your ICE vehicle. Oh, and don't forget carbon taxation; which will be charged to ICE operators. The cabal loves conspiracy theorists... It's where they get their best ideas.

Has anyone researched the amount of pollution is created during the manufacture of lithium batteries? How about contamination when dumped at a landfill? i.e. Ocean.
In the case of true classics, I'll place my bets on re-power. It's already a thing now for the really expensive vehicles. In the case of a car like a Muscle era Challenger or Charger, it could probably be done without removing the engine if you didn't plan on using your trunk. Then, if you still wanted to make "dinosaur noises" you'd have the option, at whatever cost for fuel. Basically, I suppose someone could replace the old Torqflite 727 with an electrified TF8, requisite wiring and ECM, and drop a battery pack in the trunk. Wanna go to town? Could probably have a GPS receiver to tell your car when it could and could not run the Hemi, with an emergency override. Same could be done much easier for a modern LX car.

Who is dumping lithium batteries in a landfill? Actually, there's not all that much actual lithium in a Li ion battery.

Reactions: Zagnut27

·
Premium Member
3,377 Posts
A friend pointed out that when searching for 2021 models on autotrader when it comes to Charger and Challenger it is all Redeyes and no "regular" Hellcats. Is there a reason behind it? Given the current shortage are they focusing on the highest price models? I assume both Hellcat and Redeyes will continue in 2022?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts