Allpar Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
In advance thank you for reading this. I recently purchased a 1984 DODGE Daytona/ Chrysler Laser PPG Pace Car. The car is Red in color. I tried to post a picture but couldn't get it to come up. Will keep working on this. I am in search of any information or guidance to locate the history of this car. My goal is to show the car in AACA (Antique Automobile Club of America). But, I need a lot of information to get the car certified. Any help provided, would be greatly appreciated. Everyone I have talked to tells me I should come here first. I have done some searches, but didn't turn up anything of significance.
If you remember seeing an ad on the car way back in the 80's, please let me know. You may know something you think would not be helpful, and it actually may very well be to me. Thank you for your time.

Tammy
[email protected]

·
Registered
8,094 Posts
What an awesome car! Good luck with yours and finding the documentation you need. I had no idea that car even existed. I purchased a Laser XE Turbo in 84 and loved that car. I can only imagine what driving that one would be like.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
This car is based on a production 1984 Daytona and the VIN reflects this.

Some of the things that are special include the Intercooled, 2.2 L Turbocharged Engine, totally different from later production Turbo II's but possibly developed by SVI.

Also the concealed headlights are a glimpse to the future as they were in production for 1987.

The dash is full of special instruments nothing like the regular production 1984 cars.

And all the special Pace Car lights, radio etc. capable of over 170 MPH.

A very cool car but not remotely related to the tube chassis Mid Engine M4S mentioned above.

You might want to check out Turbo Dodge and Turbo Mopar as these are sites dedicated to FWD 2.2 Turbo cars and many members have collections of brochures advertisements etc.

Great car and best of luck!!

Thanks
Randy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This car is based on a production 1984 Daytona and the VIN reflects this.

Some of the things that are special include the Intercooled, 2.2 L Turbocharged Engine, totally different from later production Turbo II's but possibly developed by SVI.

Also the concealed headlights are a glimpse to the future as they were in production for 1987.

The dash is full of special instruments nothing like the regular production 1984 cars.

And all the special Pace Car lights, radio etc. capable of over 170 MPH.

A very cool car but not remotely related to the tube chassis Mid Engine M4S mentioned above.

You might want to check out Turbo Dodge and Turbo Mopar as these are sites dedicated to FWD 2.2 Turbo cars and many members have collections of brochures advertisements etc.

Great car and best of luck!!

Thanks
Randy

Thanks for the help!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts