Font Screenshot Number
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12,147 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'll play Devil's Advocate......when you purchase a Dodge Charger GT, you get a 3.6L pushing 300 hp......you purchase a Dodge Charger RT, you pay more, but get more hp. When you purchase a Dodge Charger Scat Pack etc.........you get the idea. This is roughly the same thing except you're paying for software upgrades instead of hardware upgrades. Unfortunately in the EV world, this will probably be the new norm for performance upgrades.....

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
25,225 Posts
I'll play Devil's Advocate......when you purchase a Dodge Charger GT, you get a 3.6L pushing 300 hp......you purchase a Dodge Charger RT, you pay more, but get more hp. When you purchase a Dodge Charger Scat Pack etc.........you get the idea. This is roughly the same thing except you're paying for software upgrades instead of hardware upgrades. Unfortunately in the EV world, this will probably be the new norm for performance upgrades.....
When you buy a Dodge Charger R/T, they don't give you a V8 but only activate six cylinders until you pay them $2500.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Not sure if I think it's funny or sad that people will support this with their wallets..

I've accepted my working class butt is priced out if the entire market so some days I laugh some days I cry for people in the market now.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
My 06 charger had dual climate option. Car had a sensor on the dash, No option for automatic headlamps. (I don’t even think it was available on the charger) I purchased a headlight switch for a 300, viola- automatic headlamps
my 17 charger could not be had with eco mode or track mode, but a tazer unlocked them, they were in the program from the factory. As was all trim level splash screens and so on

maybe not apples to apples, but definitely related.
then there is the plan to have direct connection to offer power upgrades on the new charger. I understand once unlocked, it stays with the car, even if you sell it, but now dodge is in the same ballpark.

·
370,000 miles
1,522 Posts
I can understand getting me to pay more to buy better performance or functionality. I just don't like them forcing me to rent it. If I buy the car, it's supposed to be my car, right?

·
Registered
152 Posts
I can understand getting me to pay more to buy better performance or functionality. I just don't like them forcing me to rent it. If I buy the car, it's supposed to be my car, right?
Cars seem to be going the way of digital media, you're buying the license or right to use/view said product. But you don't actually own it.

it's been that way with kids video games cars are basically video games now right?

EA game pass =/= Mopar Power Pass. Oops now I've given them a name for the package too....

·
Virginia Gentleman
8,483 Posts
Cars seem to be going the way of digital media, you're buying the license or right to use/view said product. But you don't actually own it.
Reminds me of AT&T before the breakup. You didn't actually own phone the phone company installed. You merely were leasing it even though you "bought" it.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts

it's been that way with kids video games cars are basically video games now right?

EA game pass =/= Mopar Power Pass. Oops now I've given them a name for the package too....
Interesting because today I only play old console video games because I refuse to pay into that system. And I'm not even 40 yet. I wonder if I'm gonna be a crotchety old man saying, I want to own my car, not subscribe to it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Interesting because today I only play old console video games because I refuse to pay into that system. And I'm not even 40 yet. I wonder if I'm gonna be a crotchety old man saying, I want to own my car, not subscribe to it.
I still play D2 a couple times a year lmao.

.....and here comes the aftermarket that comes in with a way to "unlock" the additional power.
You're thinking the Ukrainian right to repair John Deere hacksters, they're a little busy right now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts