Allpar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
40,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hints: Dodge Gives Out Mysterious Shirt at Roadkill Nights Media Preview

Trademarks: GLH, Tomahawk, Fratzog. Of these, really, GLH is the interesting one... because we already mentioned Tomahawk. Now, I personally do not know what's coming in the next few days, but a commenter at stellpower suggested Tomahawk was being attached to a Challenger.

·
Premium Member
2002 Ram 2500 Quad Cab 4x4 with Cummins. 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Altitude
5,488 Posts
Hints: Dodge Gives Out Mysterious Shirt at Roadkill Nights Media Preview

Trademarks: GLH, Tomahawk, Fratzog. Of these, really, GLH is the interesting one... because we already mentioned Tomahawk. Now, I personally do not know what's coming in the next few days, but a commenter at stellpower suggested Tomahawk was being attached to a Challenger.

I read some of the comments from the Stellpower Facebook post. I hope those comments aren't how the majority of people's coming reactions to their future plans. If it turns out that way, Dodge is in for a very big shock. And it won't be from the electric power train, but the masses running away from their new cars.

·
Administrator
40,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I read some of the comments from the Stellpower Facebook post. I hope those comments aren't how the majority of people's coming reactions to their future plans. If it turns out that way, Dodge is in for a very big shock. And it won't be from the electric power train, but the masses running away from their new cars.
People with the loudest commentary are not typical.
If they were, we'd really be in a mess.

·
Premium Member
5,488 Posts
People with the loudest commentary are not typical.
If they were, we'd really be in a mess.
Dave, don't discount their comments. I know electrics are the future, but I even think they're making a big mistake here. Now until they say for sure what the future plans are, I hold out hope that they won't phase out ice completely from their new cars.

·
Administrator
40,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dave, don't discount their comments. I know electrics are the future, but I even think they're making a big mistake here. Now until they say for sure what the future plans are, I hold out hope that they won't phase out ice completely from their new cars.
They made it clear they aren't doing that - but they are moving into different segments as well. STLA Large is going to have a lot of variants, I gather.

·
Premium Member
3,547 Posts
Nobody can predict the future. And while totally unlikely nothing is written in stone and a V8 could return one day. The best way to create demand for something is to take it away for awhile….

Reactions: 77 Monaco Brougham

·
Administrator
40,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think it also makes sense, if they can, to really hit every aspect of the market as hard as they can, because nobody does know what's going to be good. Even the best leaders have only managed to get it right some of the time. For every Cordoba there's an E-body 'Cuda, for every K-car there's a K-limousine, for every minivan there's an Iacocca Imperial...

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
I think it also makes sense, if they can, to really hit every aspect of the market as hard as they can, because nobody does know what's going to be good. Even the best leaders have only managed to get it right some of the time. For every Cordoba there's an E-body 'Cuda, for every K-car there's a K-limousine, for every minivan there's an Iacocca Imperial...
? Which one ?

Just speaking for not so little ole me......I'm rather fond of the 1981-1983 version. Too bad it wasn't better executed. And...in retrospect, it might have been wiser to go with the 360-4 Barrel for the car instead of the ill fated fuel injected 318.

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

Now.....If you're talking about the infamous K-based 4-door Imperial, THEN...I'm totally with you!;)

·
Registered
1979 Lincoln Town Car, 1987 Chevrolet Silverado, 1990 Chrysler Imperial
2,595 Posts
? Which one ?

Just speaking for not so little ole me......I'm rather fond of the 1981-1983 version. Too bad it wasn't better executed. And...in retrospect, it might have been wiser to go with the 360-4 Barrel for the car instead of the ill fated fuel injected 318.

View attachment 89621

Now.....If you're talking about the infamous K-based 4-door Imperial, THEN...I'm totally with you!;)
Pretty sure he's talking about the K car based Imperial.

·
Registered
15,872 Posts
The STLA platforms are versatile....they can be ICE, PHEV and BEV. The company can vary production as they need.

GM's Ultium platform is BEV only and very limited.

Reactions: hmk123

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I love how opinions vary from the “the brand is dying, it only has a 3 vehicle line up” to “its a mistake to branch out, they need to keep producing nothing but muscle cars”
Not that I Do any better at armchair ceo, but the sky is always falling here on these forums. especially dissapointing when the discussion is started with such positive news..

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
Nobody can predict the future. And while totally unlikely nothing is written in stone and a V8 could return one day. The best way to create demand for something is to take it away for awhile….
Better yet, replace it with something better.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Also, does Stella have a trademark on “banshee”? It seems since the new electric car apparently has a Distinct sound and the new “face” logo matches up nicely for that. I’d prefer the wraith, which also fits the new face.
on second thought, the banshee appears when some is about to die, making it a more aggressive name.

·
Premium Member
5,488 Posts
? Which one ?

View attachment 89621

My parents had an 83 like this one brand new. It was a very nice car. They had it until 92. He bought a 92 Imperial, it was a giant step backwards. He traded it for a 94 New Yorker. Much better.

·
Registered
82 Imperial, 91 New yorker, 00 Neon, 00 Dak, 00 Ram 1500, 06 Ram 2500, 07 Charger R/T, 22 Ram 1500
141 Posts
? Which one ?

View attachment 89621

A 360 4 barrel would of definitely been nice...
But I understand the intent of the fuel injection, just a little ahead of its time.

I dont know how they could have executed it better, long door coupes were unfortunately on the way out of style from my understanding of the time period.

·
Registered
82 Imperial, 91 New yorker, 00 Neon, 00 Dak, 00 Ram 1500, 06 Ram 2500, 07 Charger R/T, 22 Ram 1500
141 Posts
I love how opinions vary from the “the brand is dying, it only has a 3 vehicle line up” to “its a mistake to branch out, they need to keep producing nothing but muscle cars”
Not that I Do any better at armchair ceo, but the sky is always falling here on these forums. especially dissapointing when the discussion is started with such positive news..
So the sky isn't falling?

If this forum had control of car production im sure we'd have hellcat wagons everywhere followed shortly by bankruptcy...or maybe thatd just be me.
Bring back the neon! Oh...just me?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts